Saul

Saul, do you have or keep a watch list of potential investments? I would be curious to see the list…

3 Likes

Saul, do you have or keep a watch list of potential investments? I would be curious to see the list…

I almost never have a bullpen, or second team. If I want to take a closer look at a company I usually take a tiny position and look into it seriously and then either drop it or build the position. How open I am to new positions also depends on if i have cash available or am thinking of exiting one of my current positions.

Saul

11 Likes

I almost never have a bullpen, or second team. If I want to take a closer look at a company I usually take a tiny position and look into it seriously and then either drop it or build the position. How open I am to new positions also depends on if i have cash available or am thinking of exiting one of my current positions.

Saul,

THIS

It is killing me. I have yet to really dig deep into OKTA. Part of the problem is I wish to go over it with my wife and listen to the conference call together. She will be up her in month or so.

But the bigger issue is I don’t have anything I wish to sell.

SHOP
HUBS
TLND
NKTR
NTNX
AYT
ANET
VFFIF

Cheers
Qazulight

1 Like

Can you spare 25 shares from each Company(for example)? Can you go on margin for a week? Take some profit from NKTR(depending on how much you have already made?) Not even going to go there with VFFIF, albeit we both know it could go down in the low 4’s, plus be dead money for quite a while.

But with such great Companies in your stable, do you really need to add another horse at present…? Oh the horror of it all:-)))

3 Likes

Hey, Qaz,

I have good news and good news.

Having nothing you aren’t crazy about is not an issue, nor a problem. Then again,
I’ve never been addicted to pot. :slight_smile:

Dan

2 Likes

Having nothing you aren’t crazy about is not an issue, nor a problem. Then again,
I’ve never been addicted to pot. :slight_smile:

Dan,

Not a user. Did a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Thinking it over, I like Village Farms so much for a couple of reasons that have little to do with good stock picking.

1. I analyzed it and was able to see the value. As such, there is pride there. I know, I know, pride doesn’t pay the bills.

2. I originally bought Village Farms years ago, in the 90 cent ramge. Not because it is a Pot Stock, but because it is a technology stock. The tech grows food in the desert!

So, you are probably right, I should let it go. And I will, . . . one day.

Cheers
Qazulight

Hey Qaz, you’re reading too much into my smarta$$ comments.

You should take pride in finding value with your own effort so don’t assume I think you should let it go.

Ive done a lot of studying on my holdings too so I know what goes into it. So it wasn’t really so easy to sell so many of my hard-earned stocks today in my latest shuffle. But the more I find I can do it, the more I find my profits increase. Very unFoolish, I know.

Of course there are other reasons for owning than just profit. At my age I need to be focused on profit more and more. That can be fun too in it’s own way - always striving for the best I guess you could say.

I hope you make a fortune on VF; don’t sell it until your reasons for buying no longer hold true or you need higher returns.

Dan

1 Like