SEDG

I have just found my way to Saul’s board after being a fool for about 10 years. Terrific results and I am diving in now to see how I can improve my investing. Like Saul, I too am retired and depend on my success for having either a fat-cat life or cat-food life.

Regarding SEDG: I see that inventories have increased three fold from third quarter FY15 to fourth quarter FY15 and the level holds. I was unable to find any information in the investor relations portion of the company site. Does anyone have any insights into what is going on? While sales are growing by leaps and bounds, it seems that so to is inventory, and perhaps this will be the new carry to enable the company to fulfill orders in a timely way.

Just wondering

Thanks
Gordon

1 Like

Regarding SEDG: I see that inventories have increased three fold from third quarter FY15 to fourth quarter FY15 and the level holds.

Hi Gordon, welcome to the board. If you are new here I’d recommend reading the Knowledgebase that you can link to from the panel on the right side of every post page on the board.

As for the issue about inventories for SEDG, I know that they were way behind orders a few quarters ago, producing as fast as they could and having to send things by air express to fill orders. They had almost NO inventory. They’ve been expanding manufacturing capacity as fast as they can to try to catch up, and the increased inventory now may mean they are finally getting to a normal amount. Just my guess.

Saul

For Knowledgebase for this board
please go to Post #9939.

A link to the Knowledgebase is also at the top of the Announcements column
on the right side of every page on this board

6 Likes

Saul,

Thanks for the information. I understand the inventory issues now. Makes sense. I did not think to go back to previous quarterly reports to see what was said about inventories.

For some reason, I am just now seeing your response. I have read the knowledge base a couple of times and have printed it out for reference.

Gordon

1 Like