Semi-OT: GloFo losing customers

It hits me that Intel foundry services will drink their milkshake real soon now …

1 Like

What do you mean by that? That Intel’s dearth of sub 10nm fabs (though I might be wrong about that?) will become even more of a problem?

1 Like

caromero
Is there any evidence that we are seeing any volume production from Intel yet in the 7 nm space? I have been watching for it and haven’t seen it so just wondering…doc

What do you mean by [drink their milkshake]? That Intel’s dearth of sub 10nm fabs (though I might be wrong about that?) will become even more of a problem?

No… A reference to “There Will Be Blood.” GloFo is trying to squeeze the last dollar out of their existing fabs, and Intel will roll out fabs at essentially every node GloFo relies on or can hope to rely on for revenue within a couple of years. Most of the markets GloFo has been serving are sooner or later going to have to move to smaller process anyway, and Intel, whatever their challenges over recent years at the bleeding edge, will probably snatch up all that business since GloFo just can’t get it together to go smaller.

@physician Meteor Lake which launched in December is on Intel 4.

They are making claims about Intel 3 in server processors for this year, TBD.

1 Like