Lots of activity in the Red Sea which is going to have an effect on a lot of shipping and supply/refueling logistics.
- A lot of sale-and-purchase activity in the bulker sector involving 20 vessels, only one was a two vessel transaction
- Only one non-modern vessel transaction
- 3 tanker transactions, Suezmax and smaller.
- One older chemical vessel, two newer tankers sold
- Newbuild ordering is the reverse of the 2nd hand vessel transactions. Including LPG vessel orders, 18 new orders vs 6 bulker orders.
From a shipbuilding perspective, China shipyards dominate with 22 of 28 newbuild orders.