Shopify Partner

I signed up as a Shopify Partner. I spent the better part of two days getting acquainted with Shopify and created a startup store.

X-post at NPI

https://discussion.fool.com/shopify-partner-34336531.aspx

Denny Schlesinger

9 Likes

Is this just for investment research purposes, or are you going to be selling things there?

I’ve been using eBay for the main thing I sell, because it’s in a niche where I don’t think people would be searching independent store websites.

I wonder if there’s much use of Shopify to sell services rather than goods - for instance, someone offering tutoring, especially via web communication. I suppose Zoom would work for the communication part (to name-drop another popular investment), but could Shopify help promote a service business?

Damn! The Cat ate my reply! :innocent:

Is this just for investment research purposes, or are you going to be selling things there?

I wrote at NPI:

Last week I had a conversation with a young couple who recently opened a small coffeeshop in Porto. They have big dreams and are interested in a website to sell their products to a wider audience. Thinking about the challenge I figured Shopify might be a good way for them to proceed.

That’s how it started. As things developed I got interested in both investing in SHOP and in opening a store. I posted about it at NPI.

I wonder if there’s much use of Shopify to sell services rather than goods - for instance, someone offering tutoring, especially via web communication. I suppose Zoom would work for the communication part (to name-drop another popular investment), but could Shopify help promote a service business?

Shopify lets you set up a store with all the bells and whistles an online store needs. Unlike eBay you can use your own domain name making it more professional. You can sell anything physical or electronic. You have to find a way to deliver, they do help with drop shipping but the tutorials I watched suggest there are better ways than Shopify’s Oberlo. Shopify does not promote your business. Tutorials suggest advertising on social media like FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can even promote your business with YouTube.

I hope this helps but it’s better to continue this conversation at NPI.

Denny Schlesinger

4 Likes