Sndk an opportunity

My husband is a salesman of high tech equipment to very large enterprise accounts in Silicon Valley (along with a few tiny customers like Elli).

He used to sell Oracle servers and storage. But believes a huge shift is taking place in the industry. He started as a systems engineer so he is more technical than the average salesperson. My biggest investment successes have come from his work stories. For example he was selling for a company called Storagetek and came home month after month complaining about how hard it was to beat EMC on deals. They became the enemy, so I bought them… And hid that fact for quite a while.

Yesterday he was talking about Sandisk and some new higher capacity storage they have coming out and how it was going to impact big computing environments. I am not going to attempt to give you details because I will surely get them wrong. But it was a long conversation with if they come out of this kind of pricing -this kind of thing will be possible but more likely it’s going to be even lower, and then we be able to do - this and this.

Bottom line is I’ve been here before and I’ve seen this kind of process happening his work and it’s inevitably been a buying opportunity, so I offer up for your consideration SanDisk.

http://financials.morningstar.com/ratios/r.html?t=SNDK&r…

3 Likes

I opened a position this morning at 85.78.

Sorry for the typing errors, you will see a lot of those with me for two reasons - I dictate my posts, and I’m bad at editing.

FLygal5,

Excellent stock with an outstanding chart of which I am in an out of. Currently in for the last three (3) weeks. Making lots of bread. In at 73.05.

Quillnpenn - Buying from the Scared, Selling to the Greedy".

1 Like

Flygal,

Here is confirmation:

SanDisk upgraded to Strong Buy from Neutral at ISI Group
ISI Group upgraded SanDisk two notches to Strong Buy ahead of Wednesday’s Analyst Day. The analyst said SanDisk has a visible path to cost improvements on planar NAND, NAND supply/demand is expected to remain in balance into 2015, Enterprise storage demand is picking up and expectations for moderating ASP declines. Price target raised to $110 from $87

1 Like