SNOW and TTD

Thought this was interesting.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/snowflake-announces-support-u…

"Snowflake, the Data Cloud company, today announced support for Unified ID 2.0 to help organizations easily enrich audience data, without sharing consumers’ personally identifiable information (PII). With Unified ID 2.0 support, Snowflake customers will be able to optimize their data-first advertising strategies by directly activating audiences on any platform that has adopted Unified ID 2.0, using Snowflake’s secure data sharing technology.

Initially developed by The Trade Desk, Unified ID 2.0 is an open source, industry-governed identity solution that preserves the value of relevant advertising audience data for the brands, agencies, publishers, data partners, and data platforms that benefit from data sharing, while giving consumers more control over the use of their data. As Unified ID 2.0 leverages the secure data sharing technology in the Snowflake Data Marketplace, it will provide an alternative to third-party cookies and a potential replacement for traditional APIs and email integration solutions. The availability of UID 2.0 on the Snowflake Data Marketplace will empower Snowflake advertising and publishing partners to leverage the power of the Data Cloud to safely manage their first party data by matching identifiers for a single-view of their consumer."

I haven’t followed SNOW very closely, so not sure I fully understand how their data is used from an advertising perspective, but at a minimum, the fact SNOW is supporting this is only a positive for TTD, and perhaps speaks to another way to think about the data being stored by SNOW.

Doom

52 Likes

I’m not sure this matters to TTD. They just open-sourced the code/standard and SNOW adopted it. There is no partnership implied. Anyone can use it.

I assume SNOW is looking at this to enable more anonymous data sharing in a standard that folks in the ad industry can hook in to easily. Basically, with this, TTD could sell their data to others that use data in the same standard format.

….I assume.

3 Likes