So many choices

I also posted this on the Community Board at Stock Advisor and on a Rule Breaker board. Thought I’d stick it here as well. Oh, also, UBNT should have been on the top list and it’s a strong consideration.

I have enough in my account to make a small buy soon. I love all of my holdings and I plan to add a small amount to one of them.

However, since many of my holdings have pulled back from a higher price recently, which one to choose?

I appreciate any feedback on this post.

Here are the ones I’m considering. The first 6 that I am giving the hardest look to are:

MIDD, Middleby
LNKD, LinkedIn
DISCK, Discovery
LUK, Leucadia
PII, Polaris
SCTY, Solar City

The rest that I’m also considering are:

AMBA
UBNT
HAIN
CGNX
WFM
TSLA
SWIR
TXRH
KMX
CMG
VRX
TTS
AVAV

My goal is to make small monthly buys. Never have I had so many different companies in my line of sight like this. I’d love to add to each and every one, and perhaps over the next few years I will add to many of them.

However, which ones of these would make the best choice for you?

Any thoughts?

mazske

Mazke, I don’t know all the symbols you’ve listed, but of the ones I know, I especially like UBNT and SCTY.

Saul

mazske:

I hold many of the companies you list. I think UBNT is attractively priced given its growth opportunities. I have doubled my position recently (when the stock took a 20% haircut).

LNKD looks like a good buy at these prices but it’s still expensive on most metrics.

LUK is selling for sell than book value so if that business interests you it’s a good option to consider.

WFM sell off is probably an opportunity. It’s a good brand and there’s a long runway for expansion. I think they will overcome their current problems. I have added some recently. There’s probably more short term pain on the horizon, so I take small bites with this one.

SCTY looks attractive as well. I have put exposure on it. Otherwise, I would be adding some.

TSLA I would add but at prices under $165 given. I 'm waiting for either a sell off or significant business news. At first instance, might try to sneak a written put as they pay well.

I sold out of TXRH. I 'm bored following steak houses. Possibly a bad decision, but I 'm trying to limit big holdings to companies I can truly follow and by that I mean reading earnings releases and transcripts etc. I don’t really want to only depend on the boards for coverage.

Thanks for sharing.

Anirban.

2 Likes

Here are the ones I’m considering. The first 6 that I am giving the hardest look to are:

MIDD, Middleby
LNKD, LinkedIn
DISCK, Discovery
LUK, Leucadia
PII, Polaris
SCTY, Solar City

The rest that I’m also considering are:

AMBA
UBNT
HAIN
CGNX
WFM
TSLA
SWIR
TXRH
KMX
CMG
VRX
TTS
AVAV

Hi Maz,
I own half a position of MIDD, (presently underwater) and think it is a great company for long term hold and am looking to add some more during this downdraft and try to lower my cost basis.

I own a full position in LNKD and am presently underwater. Nothing to do here but watch the paint dry.

A small position in LUK which I think is a very well run company but since it is a conglomerate, hard for the street to evaluate and hence a low price that may not move fast. So, again a long term hold but very safe investment at $27/share or lower.

SCTY…I own 1/3 position here but combining it with TSLA, I’m in for 1.2 position. I think they will rise and fall together and both have great futures, though TSLA is a higher priced. I have a profit in TSLA so I might sell off some and buy more SCTY at today’s prices…or just leave the two of them alone.

In your second list, I own several of them but as an intial position, I just sold 5 Puts on TTS after one of the analysts in TMF called it the best buy in Fooldom. My strike price is $15 (Just before the recent drop) and expiration is in November. I took one for the team and we’ll see how that turns out.
Mykie