Sorry

Somebody at MF decided to pull my message about the LGIH Conference Call (17155), because I apparently quoted too much of it (although I thanked Seeking Alpha and gave them free publicity). I’m sorry if you didn’t get to see it, but you can read the publicly available transcript on Seeking Alpha.

Best,

Saul

7 Likes

Saul,

I managed to read your LGIH conf call post before it was removed and it was a great read. The company sounds like it is doing fantastic (as we knew) and really is seeing no slowdown in Texas (even Houston), with continued great growth and diversification in other areas as well. The Texas % of sales is projected to decrease from, as I remember, 55% in 2015, to 40-45% in 2016. But that’s not because Texas is doing poorly, but because their growth in other regions is increasing faster (opening 5 new regions this year).

I would also recommend whoever owns or is interested in owning this company read the conf call transcript directly.

If you believe that interest rates won’t go haywire anytime soon, and there will be no housing implosion in the near future, this is a company to own.

Mike
Long LGIH and about to increase my holding.

3 Likes

Possibly a similar algorithmic disfunction that selected your Feb Review post (from just before the end of February) as POTD today.

And just because I think there is a tendency to take this sort of thing way too seriously, let me point out that yesterday’s POTD - presumably the most significant content from a Personal Investment informational empire - was a sweet but largely irrelevant movie review of Zootopia.

Just keeping it real

Cham

Somebody at MF decided to pull my message about the LGIH Conference Call (17155), because I apparently quoted too much of it (although I thanked Seeking Alpha and gave them free publicity). I’m sorry if you didn’t get to see it, but you can read the publicly available transcript on Seeking Alpha.

but they are wrong as I have posted before…
http://discussion.fool.com/conf-call-copyright-law-vs-mf-3197660…

http://www.whitecase.com/publications/article/distributing-e…

In Swatch Group Management Services Ltd. v. Bloomberg L.P., the Second Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the unauthorized distribution of a recording and transcript of a company’s earnings call was allowed as copyright fair use.[1] This decision gives significant leeway for news organizations and other services to redistribute and sell companies’ earnings call information to customers and the public…

the court was persuaded that Bloomberg’s purpose in obtaining and disseminating the recording was to make important financial information available to American investors and analysts…

The whole purpose of the call was to convey financial information, not any greater expression

3 Likes

Thanks Puddinhead, I used information from your post and asked MF to reinsert my post immediately. We’ll see what happens.

Saul

…the Second Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the unauthorized distribution of a recording and transcript of a company’s earnings call was allowed as copyright fair use.

Fools, as I said to Saul in my reply to his email, that court ruling applies to credentialed journalists in the geographic area of competency of the court. It does not apply to these boards. We have the right and obligation to take a more conservative copyright view.

Anyone can link to the material, and most of us know how to open the link in a new tab, so it’s not onerous to go to the original source to read it.

Richard

8 Likes

Fools, as I said to Saul in my reply to his email, that court ruling applies to credentialed journalists in the geographic area of competency of the court. It does not apply to these boards. We have the right and obligation to take a more conservative copyright view

Fair enough.