Sort of On Topic

Dominic I did not make it clear but by “weakest” I did not mean price but my conviction level. And that in part is baed on how much I understand the underlying company’s offerings. TWLO is pretty simple
In a generalized decline like this the babies are being thrown out with the bath water and price percentage declines of individual stocks may just be random. So a few percentage points one way or the other may be meaningless.

Actually ,so far buying anything in this decline has been a mistake since there is no evidence of a bottom. Yet. Typically prices fall too far due to momentum, and then stage a quick partial rebound . But nobody knows when that point will be reached. At this rate of price decline of 4% to 7% a day we are probably close time wise to a bottom. Unless we are going to have a nasty recession and companies are going to ignore the cloud and/or security upgrades.
It will be interesting to see how these stocks respond to earnings report. During the boom they were often down after anything but a huge beat, showing very high expectations. Has that changed?

3 Likes