Sorting Sham From Scam @ SHOP

Great, another SHOP analysis. Those who are not invested in SHOP are probably getting sick
of all the hyperbole around SHOP. Sorry about that, but some of us need to keep updated on
the gossip. Without all the hoopla of a short-seller, this consultant comes across as
reasonalbe, although I question his evident assumption/conclusion that there is, indeed,
reason to compare SHOP and HerbaLife in the same sandbox.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4114255-sorting-sham-scam-d…

[ … ]

As a consultant, I have had several recent inquiries and consultations about whether Shopify
is a pyramid scheme, a multi-level marketing, aka MLM, enterprise, and a marketer of a
“business opportunity.” Most importantly, I have been asked if the FTC were to act against
Shopify, how severe would the penalty likely be? In other words, even if Shopify is illegal as
Herbalife was found to be, is there a grade level of wrongdoing in “business opportunity” schemes?

[ … ]

Today, the FTC, with only two commissioners at work, and with MLM-promoter and former
MLM-owner, Donald Trump, also owner of the real estate “business opportunity” program, Trump
University, as its boss, the FTC would seem even less likely to respond to a business
opportunity fraud case. Meanwhile, former FTC Commissioners, including a former Chairman,
are now on Herbalife’s staff!

[ … ]

There is now too much junk for me to sort through these wild stories. By the way I canceled my
limit-sell order (which didn’t hit) a couple of days after making it, so I’m still long all
my original SHOP shares. In the end, there is only one opinion that matters and that is yours
for you and mine for me. My experience says that following the crowd is average at best,
which makes perfect sense to me.

Personally, I am higher and make my own path. With your help, of course.

I rate this article as a sham, not a scam, but you have been warned. My opinion is not average. :slight_smile:

Dan

2 Likes

Oh great, yet another SHOP analysis, this time more in tune with my thoughts.

Is Shopify Citron’s Next Lemon? https://seekingalpha.com/article/4114865-shopify-citrons-nex…

• Citron Research is mistaken on their Shopify short report.

• Monthly recurring subscription revenue has increased by 28%. This accounted for 60% of total subscription revenue growth to date, and this is “healthy” growth from long-term orientated merchants.

• Shopify earns roughly 1.36% of total gross merchandise volume processed through the platform as revenue through merchant solutions which will continue to grow.

• Gross profits grew by 81.6% while operating expenses grew by 78.8% in the first half of 2017. However, the company operated at a $30.4 million loss.

Amazon.com integration into Shopify remains a strong catalyst. Q4 of 2017 will be Shopify’s first Q4 with Amazon.com and Oberlo integration.

Still long :),

Dan

2 Likes