SQ big run up this morning; News?

I don’t seem to see any particular reason for Square’s run-up this morning (8+%). Almost a full day’s worth of volume has already traded, and it is barely after 11 am.

Arista’s “little” 3+% increase makes sense, with the cash flow machine that they’ve demonstrated that they already are.

Ubiquiti is also up nicely again, as the SEC inquiry seems to have been almost entirely forgotten…either that or the share repurchase authority has massively fueled the recovery (surely it has fueled it a good bit).

Apologies for this post being far too short-term oriented…but the Square run-up without a quick-to-discern justification seems slightly noteworthy, considering the wide SQ ownership of posters/visitors to this board.

3 Likes

I think in Square’s case it’s a delayed reaction from an awesome earnings report. For whatever reason, when they released a great report that also showed a focus on the long term from management, the stock sold off a little (from what I remember). Who knows why it sold off, but I believe this is the type of reaction the earning report warranted.

-Austin

5 Likes

That’s probably the most likely reasoning, I suppose, a delayed earnings reaction after a weekend for analysts/investors to more fully digest the report.

1 Like

“I don’t seem to see any particular reason for Square’s run-up this morning (8+%). Almost a full day’s worth of volume has already traded, and it is barely after 11 am.”

There is an article from a cryptocurrency website that SQ may be testing integration with BTC.

https://cryptona.co/square-inc-possibly-testing-integration-…

Rob

Could this news from AMZN have anything at all to do with it?

Amazon wants to be your bank too?
http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/05/investing/amazon-jpmorgan-ch…

1 Like

“I don’t seem to see any particular reason for Square’s run-up this morning (8+%). Almost a full day’s worth of volume has already traded, and it is barely after 11 am.”

Price and Volume = Truth

Big boys really wanted more of it their portfolio, does it really matter why? They love it, keep buying it, and that is why it goes up. When they all sell, it won’t matter why because they are elephants and will stomp everyone else. One day it will happen, but by that time an guaranty you Saul will already be out :wink:

1 Like