Standard BCC = 0

As expected the standard BCC = 0 as of 25th May 2022 as measured by the GTR1.

A lot of the market data I track seems fairly negative overall even despite the ‘Up’ day. There was weakness of all the various indexes into the Close - the Close is often where there’s a lot/more volume and so is considered an important measure - and that’s often considered indicative of a negative sentiment market. NYSE NH-NL has also been negative for the last month & been mostly negative this year. And I’m sure others can share their favorite sentiment indicators also.

11 Likes

Hmmm… I just tried GTR1 and getting N/A for all values on 5/25/2022.

That sounds pretty bearish–world ending?

Jim

9 Likes

lol. Maybe that’s the GTR major bottom catcher signaling.

1 Like

Well I just tried GTR1 and this is what I got for 20220525, looks pretty bearish to me.

Date      [SMADif]  SMA  [NHNLDif]  NHNL  [DBE]  [BCC]
20220525    -22.46    0      -7.83     0      0      0

RAMc

3 Likes

That’s because you ran the screener with the BCC URL. Below are the instructions from Lolhill - in the Recent BCC Signals posts - for obtaining the BCC output & is the process taken for the first post. Follow the directions, load the .CSV file and scroll right to the end.

“Here are the recent Bear Catcher Combined signals as taken from GTR1 using GTR1 Helper 4.5. The complete set of signals may be found by running GTR1 with the BCC url: http://gtr1.net/2013/?!!QlpoMTFBWSZTWVb2ik4AAiLfgBAAIgd!2F8D…
Launch the url, take the option for Detailed Report and check the box for Signal Values. Finally, click “Run Backtest” and then download the report.”

2 Likes

Functionally, I think GTR supports running the BCC URL with the backtest and screener button. At least for as far as I can remember.

I’ve been using both the “Run Backtest” (for cases where I’m looking for history of values) as well as the “Run Screener” (for when I only want a quick look at the just the latest values) buttons in the past couple of years and have not had issues where NA are displayed for screener.

I think something might have been broken with a recent change.

I’ve been using both the “Run Backtest” (for cases where I’m looking for history of values) as well as the “Run Screener” (for when I only want a quick look at the just the latest values) buttons in the past couple of years and have not had issues where NA are displayed for screener.
I believe the “N/A” display is a sign that the BCC ‘lock-out’ is active. My understanding is that it’s a sign that the screening isn’t finding anything to display & if the screen uses the BCC that’s the most likely expectation.

All the screening I’m doing that includes the BCC is all "N/A"s at the moment. Remove the BCC code & the picks are displayed.

1 Like

I use BCC over 148 days rather than 99. That works as always. 99 days produces N/As, as described.

I am the last person on earth who could explain that.

Baltassar

1 Like