STDs exploding 2022

Some would say public health is an economic issue. And while we ban trans fats and promote “wellness” and “fresh!”…well, there’s other issues out there too

https://www.aol.com/amid-control-std-epidemic-calls-17030033…

“Out of control’ STD situation prompts call for changes”

'“EW YORK (AP) — Sharply rising cases of some sexually transmitted diseases — including a 26% rise in new syphilis infections reported last year — are prompting U.S. health officials to call for new prevention and treatment efforts.”

We need to start sex education in schools, for starters.

4 Likes

Had that when I was in school, fifty years ago. But now, the narrative in some corners is “oh no, can’t talk about that, would only encourage them to do it”. So, apparently ignorance is preferred, especially combined with pressure to prevent access to both pro-active and remedial measures.

Steve

2 Likes

And we need to fund public health services (I do NOT mean “healthcare” which is a different kettle of fish and stupid in a much more complicated way!) at least to the breakeven point where the net costs to society is zero. I strongly support going well beyond that and actually trying to help people, but then I am told I am commie.

And your statement, eweppl, would be targeted as a child groomer/molestor. (For starters he said!!!)

In the 50’s into the 60’s STD public health was much stronger, and disease far less rampant. They did testing, contact tracing, education, and treatment. BUT, it was funded mostly by counties and, well, almost all counties in the USA are now comparatively broke.

david fb

6 Likes

We have sex ed in schools.

We need ignorant parents to stfu and sit down. No their ignorance is not wanted.

1 Like

“We need ignorant parents to stfu and sit down. No their ignorance is not wanted.”

Also ignorant administrators and teachers should follow this plan.

5 Likes

We have sex ed in schools.

Oh. innocent look I had no idea.

because of course, this has nothing at all to do - with culture.

Fund a study, appoint a blue ribbon commission.

When did we stop it? It was happening in the conservative rural schools I attended a few decades ago… and yes STDs were covered.

It was happening in the conservative rural schools I attended a few decades ago…

Define “a few decades ago”. The 80s saw the rise of fear based chastity programs.

Sex education in the United States

Abstinence-only sex education is also called abstinence-centered, abstinence-only-until-marriage, sexual risk avoidance, chastity program, and most recently, youth empowerment sex education. This approach emphasizes abstinence from sexual activity prior to marriage and rejects methods such as contraception. These two approaches are very different in philosophy and strategies for educating young people about their sexuality.[1] The difference between the two approaches, and their impact on the behavior of adolescents, remains a controversial subject in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_education_in_the_United_St…

Teaching Fear: (some folks) Campaign Against Sexuality Education

In the late 1970s, groups opposed to sexuality education shifted to a more modulated opposition, led by Phyllis Schlafly and her Eagle Forum. Rather than citing it as a Communist plot to take over young American minds, Schlafly’s more down-to-earth rhetoric charged that sexuality education encouraged sexual activity, promoted teenage pregnancy, advocated abortion, and lacked a moral base. For example, in 1981 she wrote in her monthly newsletter:

The major goal of nearly all sex education curricula being taught in the schools is to teach teenagers (and sometimes children) how to enjoy fornication without having a baby and without feeling guilty.

https://www.pfaw.org/report/teaching-fear-the-religious-righ…

With discussions of racism, slavery, and homosexuality being outlawed as “woke indoctrination”, how long before sex is outlawed, dressed up as “parental choice”?

A feature of “1984” was the “Anti-Sex League”.

Steve…in Shinyland, where the answer to societal problems is always repression

11 Likes

These are new infections today. Rural, urban, everywhere. Replete with sex education in schools.

With discussions of racism, slavery, and homosexuality being outlawed as “woke indoctrination”, how long before sex is outlawed, dressed up as “parental choice”?

I’d much rather be “woke” than be “asleep at the wheel.”

AW

2 Likes