Supply Chain Woes

Canadians will likely see more empty grocery store shelves. Starting January 15
truckers from the United States will need to be vaccinated or they will be turned back at the border.

I’ve heard that almost 50% of U.S. truckers are not fully vaccinated–what’s up with that?

Time to stock the larder.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ottawa-reverses-course-…

1 Like

I’ve heard that almost 50% of U.S. truckers are not fully vaccinated–what’s up with that?

They are shiny, like the other anti-vaxers and plague deniers? Saw a pickup in one of the ant-lockdown demonstrations in Lansing with “Jesus is my vaccine” painted on the side.

Steve

On NPR MarketWatch yesterday was a report that the cargo ship count off the West Coast is back up to 104 awaiting off loading. One commentator stated that part of the problem is the lack of migrant workers that previously performed the basic dockside tasks. According to this commentator the problem originated during the previous “Red” administration and continues to have repercussions.

OTFoolish

On NPR MarketWatch yesterday was a report that the cargo ship count off the West Coast is back up to 104 awaiting off loading.

This brings up the question, do people really need so much stuff in the first place, especially old phartz? Only thing I have bought, outside of food and fuel, over the last year is the exercise bike, and I went to the Salvation Army store to shop used first, before heading to WalMart. Only purchase in 2020 was a dish washer, and it’s US made.

Steve

“This brings up the question, do people really need so much stuff in the first place”

Are you sure you’re an American? ;-}

If people generally only bought stuff they needed, the economy would collapse and never recover.

Same is true if they only bought stuff they could afford.

Same if they only bought stuff for cash.

3 Likes

Are you sure you’re an American? ;-}

If people generally only bought stuff they needed, the economy would collapse and never recover.

Same is true if they only bought stuff they could afford.

Same if they only bought stuff for cash.

Gee. I’m guilty of all three. Maybe Shinyland should deport me to the land of my forebears, Canada?

Steve

1 Like