Supreme Ct law cleck signing bonuses now $500K, 1.5X a Justice's salary

… the US has the best legal system money can buy. The wife of Chief Justice Roberts is a prominent legal headhunter & recruiter. No doubt she’s a prolific “skim” collector.

Wife of Chief Justice Roberts generated $10M in commissions in this job, whistleblower says (abajournal.com)

I bet these kind of singing bonuses must be driving Clarence Thomas crazy.

intercst

4 Likes

Is that any different than a defense contractor hiring retired Generals, Admirals, and DoD officials? “hey, this guy is cozy with the chief justice. put him on the payroll to plead any case of ours that gets to the court…because there are no ethics or conflict of interest regs in the court” That bit of drivel the court issued last November, is not worth the paper it is written on. All it says is what a justice “should” or “should not” do. There is no explicit prohibition on certain activities. No consequences for violation of the code. It’s worthless.

Steve

4 Likes

I said to my dad Harvard produced a second rate legal mind in Justice Roberts when he was appointed to the court. Dad the other day finally saw it and said so.

Roberts has no say over the court. He has no legal chops. Just some sort of mush.

The only thing I agree with is to leave it to Congress. Because the public is fed up with not having its way.

The tax break for poor people is such a lottery ticket BS.

Nope. Just another example of how the system is completely “rigged” and corrupt.

intercst

4 Likes