Surveillance capitalism

TOP SECRET// SI-G // REL TO RALPH, METAR
Use Signal.

As for VPN… Unless you want to spoof your location, I’d recommend giving Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1/WARP a try. It’s free, dead simple to set up and comes with a gigantic on/off button.

(It says “Zero Trust” in my case because of my rebuttal in a thread on Saul’s board; https://discussion.fool.com/t/zscaler-regarding-cloudflare-at-jan-12-needham-conference/86440/12. Decided to go all-in and set up zero trust to test for myself if it resulted in any performance degradation.)

It’s designed to be a VPN for people who don’t know what V.P.N. stands for. Your traffic will automatically go to the closest data center and exit with a Cloudflare IP from there. The geolocation of that IP, however, will map to your approximate location. On mobile there’s also a paid version (WARP+). I haven’t tried it and won’t vouch for it.

By the way, a good ad blocker like uBlock Origin is essential in my opinion. It’s really not just about not seeing ads. It’s about blocking a ton of stuff that track you and bog down performance. It’s also about security. The less that gets loaded and/or executed when you visit a site the better.

3 Likes