SWKS recommendation forthcoming?

I recently bought a Skyworks starter position. Lots to like.

Anyway, I noticed that sometime between July and October, the MF began disclosing that they owned shares. Skyworks seems like an ideal David pick (strong growth, IoT tailwinds, mobile penetration, etc.). I predict we will see Skyworks show up as a recommendation in SA or RB within the next 6 months. Who disagrees?

1 Like

I want to like them but they are already worth $11bn and trade at 5x sales so they aren’t cheap! I can imagine everyone piling in and then they lose the design in the next iPhone and where does that leave them. Or to keep the design they have to crash prices like INVN had to.
A

Anyway, I noticed that sometime between July and October, the MF began disclosing that they owned shares. Skyworks seems like an ideal David pick (strong growth, IoT tailwinds, mobile penetration, etc.). I predict we will see Skyworks show up as a recommendation in SA or RB within the next 6 months. Who disagrees?

Hi tprooney3,

I can’t post the actual recommendation as it is a closed newsletter, but Skywards is a MF One recommendation, which explains the MF ownership.

Best,

Saul

This triggers a question I have wondered about for a number of years. What exactly is TMF policy about revealing recs from a premium service to others not subscribed. I regularly notice some posters writing that “xyz” is a rec from RB or SA or II on boards from other services or open to the public. Is there a period of time that is supposed to pass before someone can share this information? I’ve never bothered to look but is this policy in writing somewhere or just informally adhered to?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this question.

D.

What exactly is TMF policy about revealing recs from a premium service to others not subscribed?

I do not speak for TMF, and I can’t point to an exact post/email, but I remember reading that after 30 days from the recommendation it is ok to discuss a recommendation.

FWIW.
-FrickNFool