SWEARINGEN,STAN A.,JR.   Chief Technology Officer   19,886.00		
DEUTSCH, SCOTT           Senior Vice President      17,414.00		
GEESLIN, KEITH           Director                   15,436.00		
VENA, MARK N             Senior Vice President      14,799.00		
SEWELL, BRETTON          Senior Vice President      13,746.00		
BAYLESS, KATHLEEN A.     Chief Financial Officer    13,169.00		
GARG, GOPAL K.           Senior Vice President      12,510.00		
CHAN, NELSON C.          Director                   11,562.00	

This is the current stock ownership by management of SYNA. Richard Bergman has about .08% and the rest of management has less than that.

Andy

2 Likes

Andy, while Bergman has only about 30,000 shares, it’s a stock selling at $62, so it comes to about $2 million, which isn’t nothing. (They have about $10 million combined, as I calculate it). But these insiders often have most of their ownership in options. Do you have any way of finding out how much they have in options?

Saul

1 Like

Your right Saul I did see that they were playing with options but didn’t think of looking into that. I am not sure if I can find those numbers but I will look and see if I can find it.

Also Saul I do not think that the officers holding a small amount of shares is bearish. They just might not want to take that much risk. I don’t own any of the shares of the company that I work for.

Anyd

Andy, I didn’t mean that they were playing with options (puts and calls), but that they were granted options as part of their compensation.

Saul

1 Like

You should be able to find information on options grants to executives in the financial filings. I would start with the most recent 10-K filing which can be viewed at SEC Edgar.

Chris

1 Like

Lol thanks Saul. I saw in a report that the last move one of the directors did was an option so I thought they were playing with options.

Andy

Thanks Chris, but I am not sure how many options they own because they might have sold some. This might be very time consuming and I am not sure it would be worth it. I will have to think this over.

Andy

Andy,

It took 30 seconds to pull up the most recent 10-K. Another 30 seconds to find the section on share based compensation. It probably takes about 5 minutes to read the section.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/817720/0001193125133…

You need to scroll down to page F-21 which is near the end of the document. The section continues through page F-25.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,
You seem to know your way around a 10k really well. Would you mind finding this information for the group and posting it? It would be helpful if you would also go on sec.gov and look to make sure they haven’t sold any recently also.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy,

I wouldn’t mind and I tried to paste it into a post. The tables of information didn’t paste nicely and got all jumbled. Therefore, I decided to post the link to the 10-K. All you need to do is click on the link in my last post and scroll down to the section near the end.

Reading and understanding financial statements is an important skill for any investor who owns individual stocks. These statements contain a lot of information that is not covered anywhere else. For any company, once you have read and understood a 10-K, reading and understanding the subsequent financial statements gets faster and easier because lots of the information is repeated and you start to just look to the information that has been updated or changed (and new info). Most of the stuff you can skim through but understanding things like stock compensation, lawsuits, pension plans (some companies have pension plans that are extremely underfunded), capex requirements for the business, revenues by product line and geographic market, and other material information that can affect your opinion of the value of the company as an investment are well worth understanding.

Chris

3 Likes

Chris,
I have no problem reading the 10k’s and 10q’s where do you think my information for my page posts came from? As far as having the information all jumbled up, now you are starting to realize how time consuming those posts can be. Whenever I put information on these boards it does not come out clean the first time. So let me help you. Try taking the information and posting it on the boards. Before the table you need to put a *

* minus the stars, and put a *
  • at the end of the table. Minus the stars also. Try this and you will have to preview the message multiple times to get the information aligned correctly. But this is very critical for sharing information on these boards. This board is written in HTML and if you are going to share information it is best that you understand a few of the pre tags. Give it a try and I will be glad to help you.

Andy

Sorry about that Chris when using those tags you need to put < before pre and put > after pre before each table. Then put < before /pre and > after pre in each table.

Hopefully that will post correctly.

Andy