Thanks Kingran for posting here

And therefore keeping the board open.

I hope to see more AFs find their way here.
We’ll have to see how this plays out.

:vulcan_salute:
ralph

1 Like

You are welcome. I am happy to post more and regularly here, if we could get some engagement!!!

You hope the old board had a posting directing participants here. If not you can probably still email the main ones of this new location welcoming their posts.

Many of the old boards were little used. Keeping this one active is the best way to keep it alive.

1 Like

A fair number of AFrs have clicked into FB, ‘RELE Refugees’

2 Likes

Yes, but after all these years, I had to make up my own cross reference post-It not to reset the names against the IDs we use here… But at least on FB, there is a better control procedure… As a long time FB user & admin, block & ban are a potent tool… Many of us have common interests beyond financial and it seems to work well… In my case a lot of Western Electric & telecom groups open up historical bits and pieces I’d never see otherwise…

I’m here but I mostly lurked on RELE.

AC waving to everyone

3 Likes

Lurking is allowed… Learning before leaping is also better for everyone…

I won’t do FB on principle. I deleted my account during the run-up to the election in 2016, and I have no intention of ever going back. I hope Zuckerberg ends up in a poor house somewhere. Not likely, of course. But I can hope.

Happy for you if it’s working for you, though.

If albaby is correct about the modern moderation tools, posts like this will get snagged very quickly. From the name it is difficult to say what is “on topic” here. Alcohol-related stocks?

If albaby is correct about the modern moderation tools, posts like this will get snagged very quickly.

Maybe. Maybe not. My preference would be to conduct ourselves civilly here and then see what happens. And we can also direct the conversation toward investment theses. For example, the backlash against Facebook for the way it enables the viral spread of disinformation clearly has implications regarding FB’s riskiness as an investment.

1 Like

…the backlash against Facebook for the way it enables the viral spread of disinformation clearly has implications regarding FB’s riskiness as an investment.

I suspect it hasn’t had much of an effect. A few people like me have left, but others appear to be increasing their usage because it is a convenient platform (dozens or hundreds or even thousands of TMF refugees).

Maybe we could get back “Atheist Fools” if we said we were looking for secular investment opportunities? :wink: (No “Hobby Lobby” or “Chick-Fil-A” for us!)

1 Like

I am seriously greeked!

=alstro, always reads threaded

1 Like

It is becoming a pretty good party.

I brought the pina coladas.

SLL

3 Likes

Hi Sandy. You probably won’t remember me, as I’ve only intermittently skulked around the good 'ol PA board for the last decade or so.

But, if maybe you do, perhaps you’ll consider vouching for me to the Facebook group that you mentioned on that board, that was created for people to avoid the eye-rolling annoyances and vicious attacks of the conservatives on PA and elsewhere.

I am interested in reconnecting with the best and the brightest. (Was that enough flattery?)

I hope you’ll think about it.

With warmest regards,

Steve

I brought the pina coladas.

SLL

Are ye daft, woman? Modelo Especial. Well, as soon as I stop my beer fast. (It’s been 7 months.)

CNC

Hi Sandy. You probably won’t remember me, as I’ve only intermittently skulked around the good 'ol PA board for the last decade or so.

————————————

Oh, I remember you and your rancor quite well.

Whatever happened to your tag team partner julie?

2 Likes

Steve, if you are not yet part of the Facebook Rele Refugee group, I would be happy to vouch for you. I am Arxan Draka on Facebook.

I don’t go there that much, because I do not care for Facebook. That said, I more often got to Twitter (which has its own issues) as @Azulenne.

Best regards,

Wessex