The Market is a strange beast!

Just a few days ago, I reported to you that for the entire year 2016, I was up all of 2.5%, and was beaten this year by both the S&P and the Russell 2000. Now, after all of three (count them, three!) trading days, I’m up 4.0% for 2017 (and the averages are up 1.1% and 1.3%).

What’s the message to draw out of that? Darned if I know, besides that it’s making money for yourself and your family that counts, not what the averages do.

Best,

Saul

PS And after the market LGIH announced record closings for December, The quarter, and the year, certainly above some of the pessimistic forecasts I’ve seen in this board, and it should be up nicely tomorrow (but who knows?)

10 Likes

What’s the message to draw out of that?

That anything can happen over a short period …

1 Like

That investing is not an escalator to Financial Heaven. It’s more of a bumpy road full of potholes. LOL

Denny Schlesinger

4 Likes

Three days does not make a year.

I appreciate your work Saul

DHeavy - who, after celebrating my birdie on hole #1, somehow finds a way to have a bad round.

1 Like

That the calendar is an irrational, somewhat arbitrary beast.

Reminds me of an article with a perfect title by Morgan Housel called The Tyranny of the Calendar. http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/29/the-tyranny…