This Board is Closing

I suspect they just overlooked it. Hopefully bringing this to their attention will remedy the situation for the Apple Users Group.

If
not
we
can
always
try
work
arounds.

–Peter

I thought iMacs were computers.

Of course iMacs are computers. But are they stupid computers?

1 Like

I thought iMacs were computers.

They are. So are machines running Linux, FreeBSD, etc.

But are they stupid computers?

Any piece of equipment that doesn’t do what you tell it to do, when you tell it to do it, is by definition stupid. This is especially true of printers and their inane “I’m out of ink!!” error messages when they don’t even require that color to complete the task you’ve given them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQGtucrJ8hM

1 Like

… iOS, Android, ChromeOS…

1 Like

… iOS, Android, ChromeOS…

… Solaris, VMS, HP-UX, TRSDOS, OS/2…
:smiley:

We could go to Reddit and start this thread over there…doc

This board is not closing, they are keeping it.

2 Likes

You’ll still be able to get computer help here…having a working computer is part of your financial life.

That is great to hear!

Though I do wonder why the Quicken board isn’t also considered part of my financial life?

Ken

1 Like

Jen, inasmuch as the “Help with this stupid computer!” board has been moved and is NOT closing, can we please have the Apple Users Group and Apple iOS Help boards moved and kept open, as well? Thanks so much!

4 Likes

Hey Jen,

Jen, inasmuch as the “Help with this stupid computer!” board has been moved and is NOT closing, can we please have the Apple Users Group and Apple iOS Help boards moved and kept open, as well? Thanks so much!

I sure do agree with that request…

And it could also be beneficial keeping questions about Macs from clogging the HWTSC board…

Any help you could be in requesting the OSX and iOS help boards stay open would be wonderful…

Many thanks…

Mick

2 Likes

Jen,

One more, long time Fool, I’'d like to request the “Apple User’s Group” board be moved over to the “Your Money” column as this more Win/PC board has been, maybe from day one, but rather than cluttering either the Apple (APPL) board or this one with Mac/iPhone/Watch questions, it would simplify things a bit and still serve the needs of those of us long term mac/APPL investors, users the bet… We’ll adapt, but I hate to miss helping the folks that may need a nudge here or there…

At various times in my TMF long history, this board has help my DW’s PC recover, but I have now cleared the decks, all Apple… All our finances are handled one way pr another via Excel, etc…

Thanks for any help you can manage…

weco

Jen- asking for your help. Those of us on the Apple Users and Apple IOS boards use our computers in similar fashion as those on the HWTSC board .

Since we are all working with our computers- no matter the manufacturers of our devices, it seems logical that we, too, should be moved to the Financial area of the TMF boards. Can you please review the proposed future changes and move our Apple boards to the Financial areas so that we, too, can continue to be aligned more equitably into the appropriate area with our colleagues who are using PCs or Androids etc…

Thanks for your assistance, it would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Tuni

2 Likes

Jen- asking for your help. Those of us on the Apple Users and Apple IOS boards use our computers in similar fashion as those on the HWTSC board .

If I were you, I’d use the “Improve the fool” board, instead of this one to make this kind of appeal.
IMO it’s much more likely you’ll get attention from TMF employees on that board than on this one. You can find the “Improve the fool” board by clicking on the “Fool Community Help Desk” link on this post, then “Improve the fool”

1 Like

Hi Jen,

I know others are asking, but I’d like to add my voice: Could the Apple User’s Group board be moved over to the same column? It’s basically the same kind of help, specific to Apple hardware and software.

Thanks,
-awlabrador

2 Likes

Hi Jen,

If you would kindly keep the Apple users group board as well that would be very much appreciated!

Bill

hi jen,

just want to add one more request to keep the apple and ios help boards open.
there are a significant number of folks that use the apple ecosystem to manage their finances and it would be a great help to all of us that do.
thanks for any help you can offer!

all the best,

mike

All this sort of request should really go on the Improve the Fool thread, if you care about it being noticed.

4 Likes

Could you please do the same for the Apple user board. Thanks. - Ned