This could be "The Big One"!

I could be wrong, but that’s how I would read it -mekong.

Mekong, I haven’t heard back from the company yet, but I think you were right and I misread it. I agree that it should mean that the customer pays an upfront fee of $200,000 per 1 million monthly visitors. The other interpretation was just too much. I also asked the company whether the $10,000 service feel was for each website (I think they had a dozen or so for the school district, for instance). I actually think that makes more sense than just one fee of $10,000, as some customers could have many, many websites and they’d have to charge them more.

Saul

1 Like

Saul,

What is your current AEYE allocation and your target allocation?

-Sameer

“But basically there was no way I could buy all that I wanted. If I put in a big order they just raised the bid and asked. It had to be multiple small orders.”

Hi Saul.
Just another one who loves the way you work. I have learned a lot this past few weeks since I found this board.
A question that I have is what do you consider small orders in this kind of company? A few hundred shares, a thousand shares, ten thousand shares or do you strictly think in terms of dollars only?
Again thanks for all the info.

Gayle

What is your current AEYE allocation and your target allocation?

Sameer, My target was 2%, but I got greedy and went to 2.5%, and now the rise in price brought it to 3.0% at yesterday’s close, so I figure that’s enough for sure.

Saul

2 Likes

“But basically there was no way I could buy all that I wanted. If I put in a big order they just raised the bid and asked. It had to be multiple small orders.”

You can put a limit order in. Of course that won’t work if the stock continues to go up.

I put an limit order on my last buy on June 24 or 25. It partially filled right away. It didn’t completely fill until 3-4 business days later on June 30.

Z-Bar

Saul,

(Truly, with all due respect…)
The headline is very grandiose and, and uh, resembles “marketing rah rah”. If you can and are willing, could you quantify, partially or en whole, what Big One means to you?

Perhaps one way to think about it is, what was your single biggest/best stock purchase, and how does “Big One” compare to that?

I know you count total account value vs. individual stock gain, and I’m 100% with you on that, but I’m interested if Big One is a 500% gain, 1000% gain, or the mythical 100 bagger (10000% gain).

Thanks for any illumination.
-Frick

3 Likes

The headline is very grandiose and, and uh, resembles “marketing rah rah”.

Frank,
You are absolutely right. The title does sound grandiose and rah rah, and I’m embarrassed when I reread it. I apologize for that. I guess I was just excited about it, and got carried away, but I should use more calm language.

Perhaps one way to think about it is, what was your single biggest/best stock purchase, and how does “Big One” compare to that?

My goodness, this isn’t at all one of my biggest stock purchases. At 3%, it’s a “small” position, because it’s a small, new, company. By big one I meant that I thought that this company had the potential to grow very fast and very far. Perhaps at least a ten-bagger if everything goes well. But believe me, I’ve been very wrong in the past and I could be very wrong about this too.

Best

Saul

For FAQ’s and Knowledgebase
please go to Post #2319

4 Likes