Transaction-wise - very quiet week. Had pondered selling some ZIM shares, but then balked. GSM keeps getting cheaper - could not pass. Mid-week added to FRO. Found out last week, I can contribute more to Roth ac in 2023.
Very active day
- Trimmed VZ in taxable ac
- Trimmed VZ in Roth ac
- Trimmed AMZN in taxable ac
- Trimmed NAT in taxable ac
- Exited DDOG in Roth ac
- Exited FLGT in Roth ac
- Sold FRC in taxable ac
- Sold GOGL in taxable ac
- Added to QCOM in taxable ac
- Another FRO nibble
- Trimmed CPNG in Trading ac
- Under-$9, SFL was tempting- a nibble. At other times, I would not have done this transaction, There are certainly other ideas e.g. CLCO, TRMD. Maybe even NAT. But, I think I can wait for NAT to complete a better pullback
- Rumor of a new FLNG deal for Golar LNG (GLNG)
Nigeria’s NNPC, Norway’s Golar sign agreement on floating LNG plant (yahoo.com)
Somehow this item seems more along the lines of the Q3 2022 results i.e. constructuve talks with producers, vs we (producer) need immediate need for a FLNG asset e.g. the in-progress FLNG Mark 2 build. That’s just me - I could be wrong.
Cash being recycled into existing ideas - more VEEV, more BHP, more QCOM, more NAT.
Nibbled on ENPH today
Trimmed CPNG on bounce.
- Aaii! a short attack takes down a major holding - Icahn Partners (IEP).
What to do? Um, buy more IEP
- NAT retreats a little more. Again, buy more … two NAT nibbles
- A FRO nibble
- Another TRMD bite
05/03 - 05/04
- SBLK nibble
- IEP nibble
- FLNG nibble
- FRO nibble
- CPNG - taxable ac close out (smaller slice in Roth ac)
Last week it was IEP. This week it seems to be VATE - is this like the billionaire’s curse? (Icahn with IEP, Glazer with VATE)
IEP recovered some with the announcement of Q2 distribution (kept at $2). But price plunged again after SEC asked for docs.
TRMD took a small dive, even with decent results. I’m thinking, the build-up for the reserve ($1.8M per vessel on seven LR1s ) likely had a small impact on Q1 numbers. But, a Q1 2023 payout that make a 10% yield for the year very likely, is quite enticing. Added to position.
Then again, nice bounces from tech plays - GSM & ENTG
- ZIM shares took another dip
- VATE continues to plunge
- FLNG reported today and took a 5.72% hit.
Already realized losses with DDOG, DIS, TKLF
Taken body blows with QCOM, IEP too
May is beginning to feel like “death by a thousand cuts”
Week ending 05/19
- More RA
- More IEP
- More FLNG
- Cleared QQQ from taxable ac
- Another QYLD nibble
- NAT announced Q1 2023 results. Pretty good on the TCE and planned div. Still opted to monetize a portion of the stake.
- ZIM announced Q1 2023 results too. Not great; no income = no div in Q1. Glad I trimmed stake last week.
- GSM bounced - trimmed stakes in taxable, DRIP and Roth ac (still a Top 10 stake)
- Playing with fire? Added to VATE stake.
- Number of shipping ideas look interesting e.g. ESEA, GNK, TRMD (though they might have gone ex-div today)
Last day to trade on the TD Ameritrade platform. After the holiday, brokerage customers transition to Schwab. Figured I would complete some kind of trade to close out my experience with TD Ameritrade - a SBLK nibble.
IEP got slammed yesterday.
Wish I had a larger Nvidia (NVDA) stake prior to yesterday - now that’s a bounce
MRVL moved up some yesterday and dramatically today.
Had thought I had done all that was needed for my Schwab account transition - apparently not. Response from Schwab has been sad - waited on hold about 8 min, then opted for a call-back. No call after 55 min, so I called Schwab back. Gave them my call-back number after about 4-5 min of being on hold. Schwab finally called after 15 min. After a temp password, and a password reset, I finally got access to my Schwab accounts, The taxable and IRA accounts are linked - not a major fan of this feature,
Golar announced Q1 23 results - negative (a loss) and positive (div & share buyback announcement) surprises. Older vessel has been sold,