Trip up $12.26

Trip is up almost 15% from when I posted this first page post and said it was a good time to buy it. Not to shabby a return. I just wish I would have taken my own advice and bought some because I do think that a price to sales of 11 on this stock is a pretty good value point. Not to say it won’t drop below that but I think it is a good time to buy a little at that point and if it drops more buy some more. But it seems to be holding pretty steady at the P/S 11 point. With their Revenue increasing by the next quarter the P/S of 11 should be built into the stock. With all the stocks selling off though I have run out of money. I just voted my shares on Yong and sold some of it on Friday. I will sell the rest on Monday and hopefully be able to buy some more stocks. I am looking at Sale(retailmenot) right now.

http://discussion.fool.com/trip-page-post-1-31254716.aspx

Andy

2 Likes

Sounds as if you were right on TRIP, Andy. When you are convinced you should probably try to take your advice and buy.

Saul

1 Like

Thanks Saul and I agree with you. I was going to buy that Monday but it went up and I thought it would come back down but it just kept climbing and then RB put it in the BBN and it shot up even more. My biggest lesson is buy when you feel its right and don’t wait for a pull back that might not happen. I do think that it is a high priced stock at a P/E of 60 Saul but I think when more revenue drifts down to net income this will bring the P/E down. They can control this very easily but right now they are just thinking about growing the business so they are buying more companies. I would rather get a company at a lower P/E and you have found some great companies with those metrics. I like that and it has taught me alot but sometimes, if you are careful and have studied the company, you can realize that even a high P/E might signal a good company that is just growing. To early to tell though with just a weeks time and this market being so volatile.

Andy

1 Like

Andy,

Would love to hear your thoughts on SALE. Personally, I think this selloff was completely unwarranted. Even if the algorithm has impacted results, I’d be hard pressed to think it was more than temporary until their tech guys figure out how to get them back at the top of the search results. I love the growth and I think their moat is bigger than people want to give them credit for - similar to Zillow, it’s a network business and advertisers follow eyeballs. Just wondering if I’m missing something.

Jason
Long SALE (small starter position)

1 Like

Jason,
I have been reading back through all of their conference calls and am starting on the Financials now. But one thing I found interesting (which actually made me laugh) was this.

Paul Rogers
Chief Technology Officer
Paul Rogers is the chief technology officer of RetailMeNot, Inc. Paul is well-known in Austin tech circles, having opened Google’s Austin office in 2008. He led the engineering team at BazaarVoice during its start-up years and held multiple development and technical management roles at Trilogy Software. Paul has worked closely with RetailMeNot, Inc. since its inception, as an advisor, as well as with Austin Ventures, the company’s venture capital firm. Paul draws upon his extensive technology leadership experience to drive RetailMeNot’s technical vision and the progress of the overall company.

Now if the Chief Technology officer for Sale opened the Austin office for google in 2008, does anyone think that Sales has anything to worry about? I looked at the management and they all seem to be Top Tier but I should have a write up done on them before Tuesday open. I did buy a starter position on them at $24.01 on Friday.

Andy