Trouble brewing in Europe

Is the region just greater Madrid? Will wonders never cease?

1984 all over again. That US election year spending was way up by the federal government. From 1981 to 2020 the only year with above 5% real GDP growth in the US was 1984. It was not the tax cuts or the deficits, it was purely the federal spending that accomplished that.

Spain's economy grew 5.5% in 2022 after faster-than-expected last quarter | Reuters.

snippet

Public spending drove the economy in the last quarter of the year, compensating for a contraction in private consumption and allowing Spain to notch a seventh consecutive quarter of growth.

My comment in other words the PM has no clue what she is doing. No one involved in the US with supply side econ ever had any idea what they were doing…outside of using anyone they could on the cheap, driving up the deficits and pleasing the cronies.

That is not an economic plan. That is just corruption.

I suspected you wouldn’t approve. :slightly_smiling_face:

DB2

1 Like

Slow economic growth for an entire country just to pay off your “few friends” is not an economic plan. What part of that should I approve of? The corruption part? The using of other people? The deficits? Or the lie that there was fantastic growth based on the policies when really she lied a ton and spent a ton more money as a one off to get the result? She sucks.

DB2 as usual for some people she did not cut your taxes and you might love her anyway. Cutting taxes is costly. Paying taxes is worth it.

Sure; I don’t think anyone would disagree (except for some anarchists and maybe some libertarians). The question is always how much in taxes.

By the way, I don’t know if bt is reading this thread, but note how the British newspaper used woke:
“Fresh from freeing Madrid from lockdown, Isabel Díaz Ayuso is waging a war on woke…”

DB2

1 Like

Strength is weakness

On Sunday the ruling party took a thumping.

So today we read that

DB2

1 Like