TSLA TX State flag at Cyber Rodeo

Elon reportedly has a flare for drama, advertising, and showmanship.

Tesla officially opened Giga Berlin a month ago, with much fanfare.

Today, April 7 2022, Giga Texas officially opens with the Giga Texas Cyber Rodeo*.
Link to the live event:
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/how-to-watch-the-cybe…

Here, at 0:18 mark, the Teslas forming the TX flag.
https://youtu.be/z476qmDK_1I

Go Tesla! I’m excited.
(Especially given that Shanghai has been shanghaied, and Giga Berlin is putinized.)

:alien: :racehorse:
ralph is riding the TSLA bronco.
I want a Tesla emoji!

• A rodeo, for those who don’t know, is a very popular “sport” among cowboys, farmers, and other folks who consider themselves to be “rustic”.
    Rodeos typically involve calf roping, bull dogging (wrestling steers), bull riding (bucking), and bareback (bucking horse) riding.

Rodeos are also multi ethnic with Whites, Mexicans, and Black’s competing.
Rodeos, historically Mexican, were culturally appropriated by Anglos.

1 Like

A rodeo, for those who don’t know, is a very popular “sport” among cowboys, farmers, and other folks who consider themselves to be “rustic”.
Rodeos typically involve calf roping, bull dogging (wrestling steers), bull riding (bucking), and bareback (bucking horse) riding. – ralph

Seems “inconceivable” that someone wouldn’t be familiar with rodeo but that’s just my sheltered existence, I guess. :slight_smile:

Been to a good number of them. Small, local ones in various places. No professional big money ones. Good times. :slight_smile:

Rob
Rule Breaker Home Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

re: A rodeo, for those who don’t know, is a very popular “sport” among cowboys, farmers, and other folks who consider themselves to be “rustic”.
Rodeos typically involve calf roping, bull dogging (wrestling steers), bull riding (bucking), and bareback (bucking horse) riding.

Wow, just wow. /SMH/

I suppose that explanation is helpful, if not still a bit confusing, for those who live and breathe and walk among us who imagine meat coming from some magical birth place with stryofoam nests holding bits of beef.

Now if you’ll excuse me. Felt hat season is coming to an end in a month or so. Might be time to start shopping for a clean unstained straw hat for the summer. Maybe spring for a Stetson this year while the USD is still worth anything.

1 Like

rodeo
nombre masculino
1 Acción de rodear: tras dar un rodeo volvieron al punto de partida.
2 Camino que no es el más corto o directo para llegar a un lugar: el rodeo fue agradable.
3 Explicación que se da para evitar entrar en materia de forma directa: no pretendía andarse con rodeos, simplemente quería suavizar la noticia.
Se usa generalmente en plural.
4 Procedimiento poco claro o directo de hacer o conseguir una cosa para evitar dificultades: tantos rodeos no nos ayudan a organizarnos bien.
Se usa generalmente en plural.
5 Vuelta o regate para librarse de un perseguidor.
6 Acción de agrupar el ganado mayor para reconocerlo, para contarlo o para venderlo: los vaqueros estaban en rodeo.
7 Deporte típico de algunos países americanos que consiste en mantenerse montado a pelo sobre un caballo o res salvaje el mayor tiempo posible y hacer otros ejercicios de habilidad, como echar el lazo.

El Dicconario

The sport (7) comes from rounding up cattle (6)

There you have it!

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like

Denny The sport (7) comes from rounding up cattle (6)

In Texas, the sport IS the definition.

I watched CNETs YouTube Supercut of part of Giga Texas Cyber Rodeo.
https://youtu.be/AOMDV_zLvrs
I was underwhelmed.
Elon seemed flat.

I did NOT watch any coverage of Giga Berlin other than “news” clips, which portrayed Giga Berlin as a vibrant party with an Oktoberfest vibe.
I wonder how the clips will portray Cyber Rodeo?

:racehorse:
ralph native Texan, and like TMFRob, I have attended a fair number of rodeos in my youth.
And 4th of July parades.
I even had a black hat like Elon wore at Cyber Rodeo.
In Texas (and throughout the US West, where cattle and cowboys are revered), 4th of July is synonymous with rodeos and PATRIOTISM! and Christianity.
The pious, humble, hard working, hard drinking, hard riding, MAN’S man is loyal, LOYAL! to the boss, to the land, to the cultural fabric of his society - ready to die at the drop of his hat for God, country, and family!
This ethos fuels a lot of the conservatism that permeates rural “cowboy” regions.

“to the land”

Public lands ranching is the single biggest environmental disaster in the west.

In southern Idaho, the biggest environmental disaster on public lands are fires due to agency mismanagement. Ranching has helped keep the fuel for these fires somewhat in control. For the other side of the argument.

1 Like

I’m afraid I have to disagree. Too much for this board but southern Idaho is not different from S. Utah where I am from.

Public lands ranching is the single biggest environmental disaster in the west.

Hah, ever stood in a corn or soybean field?

1 Like

In Texas, the sport IS the definition.

I know. I though people might like to know the history of the sport.

In Venezuela we have a different kind of “rodeo,” Toros coleados.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DvVbUTFA90

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like

Ole’!

1 Like

In Venezuela we have a different kind of “rodeo,” Toros coleados

Here n Costa Rica they let the bull out and an adventuresome group of young men run around teasing it and avoiding it. A few rodeo clowns keep a healthy watch and the bull’s horns are “desharpened” but probably still no fun.

I bought a white and red cane and those dark glasses that blind people wear and the plan is to meander out into the ring poking the cane along.

What’s a bucket list for? sheez

1 Like