TWLO: Twilio Acquires Ytica

Twilio Acquires Ytica: Accelerates Twilio Flex Roadmap

Twilio Inc. (TWLO), the leading cloud communications platform, today announced it has acquired Ytica (the “Acquisition”). A longtime Twilio partner, Ytica provides highly customizable contact center reporting, speech analytics and workforce optimization (WFO) software to enhance agent performance in the contact center and provides businesses a unified view of the way they engage with their customers. Ytica’s technology will now be available as a part of Twilio Flex, Twilio’s fully programmable application platform for the contact center, and is also expected to be offered as a standalone product to other contact center SaaS vendors…

Is everyone here just watching the stock prices??? You guys should stay on top of the companies that you own which requires paying attention to what’s happening with the companies. An acquisition that can increase the value of Twilio Flex is much more important than sitting there watching the ticker. Come on people!

Chris

29 Likes

Is everyone here just watching the stock prices??? You guys should stay on top of the companies that you own which requires paying attention to what’s happening with the companies. An acquisition that can increase the value of Twilio Flex is much more important than sitting there watching the ticker. Come on people!

Haha…it’s ok, Chris! I saw this yesterday…I was slightly annoyed because there are no details. Did they pay 50M or 100M or 500M? Even more importantly, what are Ytica’s revenues?

I did see that Twilio indicated it does not expect the acquisition to have a material impact on its “results, operations or financial condition.” https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/11/twilios-contact-center-pro… That also kept me from getting too excited about this.

Then I googled Ytica…they appear to be very small…maybe as few as ~10 employees. They’re relatively unknown to the public with 121 followers on LinkedIn and 131 on Twitter. Twilio was already all over Ytica’s website so this seems like as subtle a change as an acquisition can be – kind of like Twilio hiring several people that had already been contracting for them.

Sorry if that throws cold water on anything. That’s just how I see it. Am I missing anything?

Bear

15 Likes