UA vs NKE

Michael the Nike ticker guide has recently posted several links to articles discussing Nike vs UA vs Adidas. This is a link to an article about a survey of over 6000 teens conducted by Piper Jaffray. Nike still is far and away the strong favorite : “Nike’s latest win in slug fest against Under Armour”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102589381

"Although Under Armour did not crack the top 10 for clothing or footwear among either consumer set, it did rank second for athletic apparel among upper-income and average-income teens. The spread, however, was once again wide.

Whereas more than 70 percent of teens in both groups said Nike was the most-desirable athletic clothing brand, only 7 percent said the same about Under Armour."

It also looks like Nike will take over the NBA licensing agreement from Adidas when it renews at the end of 2016. Apparently part of the thinking was that Nike is already very well known brand in China and NBA thinks linking with them makes sense for marketing in Asia.

I own shares of both UA and Nike but I am a much lazier and less involved investor than Saul and probably many on this board. I like to buy companies that I think will just keep working for me for years without without much effort or attention on my part.

D

2 Likes