US auto makers require bailout, incentives

And hand holding: 14 minutes mark

https://youtu.be/c0dSAoEfYpk

LOLOLOLOL.
The YouTube purports that Biden is afraid of Tesla, and gives some evidence.

IMO, we, taxpayers, need to prepare for a significant bailout of GM.

The Build Back Better plan includes $Bs to be shoveled to GM. If that “hidden graft” is not enough, then I expect an overt Bailout.
GM and UAW are major political support that Biden needs. Biden will gladly spend OPM to buy that support.

:alien:
ralph

4 Likes

In the US, GM had a 50%+ share in the 60s, around 25% at the turn of the 21st century… and is down to 15% now.

I expect GM to continue their slow decline, but not a dramatic collapse for a while, if ever. Accordingly, I doubt GM (or the others) will need a sudden infusion of cash over the next few years. Maybe by the end of the decade they’ll have another “reorganization”, but this is a slow motion decline except for the Great Recession anomaly.

Eventually, the number of employees won’t have the stature they have now. A slow drive toward irrelevancy. Where the decline doesn’t get political forces too involved.

Rob
Rule Breaker Home Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

3 Likes

Eventually, the number of employees won’t have the stature they have now. A slow drive toward irrelevancy. Where the decline doesn’t get political forces too involved.

Will Robots unionize? URW ← United Robot Workers!

Denny Schlesinger

3 Likes