Very stupid question

What does it mean when someone says my post was FA’d?

At the bottom right of your screen there is a button to report a post.

When you report a post, TMF reviews it to see if it violates their rules and if it does they will delete the post. Usually the poster is notified with an explanation of why it was pulled.

Some people get upset about it especially if they think their post was ok.

TMFs position is that if they don’t do that the boards can fill up with ads or garbage. And of course some obvious subjects are out of bounds.

1 Like

At the bottom right of your screen there is a button to report a post.

When you report a post, TMF reviews it to see if it violates their rules and if it does they will delete the post. Usually the poster is notified with an explanation of why it was pulled.

You can even report one of your own posts. While you cannot edit a post, you can request that it be removed.

I have done this a few times, once when I made some intemperate remarks about another post, for example. Also when I posted the same post multiple times. I do not know how this happens because they clearly have safeguards to prevent this from happening.

FA’d means your post was ‘Fool Alerted.’ Somebody dropped a dime on your post. Busted. Ratted out. Fingered.
Language, copyright violations, certain explicit topics…

I believe the volume of FA’s TMF had to deal with was a reason for putting the kibosh on certain non-investing boards.

1 Like