virtual reality for chronic pain

47-minute podcast

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/22/podcasts/the-daily/the-su…

I won’t sign up as a customer in order to access the link.
What ideas did you take away from the podcast?

Robyn

That for those for whom prescribed painkillers aren’t working well enough or they’re in danger of addiction, it’s worth a try. But hard to find and many insurers won’t pay for it yet. The details of how it works and how well it seems to work are amazing.

when mom was in a lot of pain I started her on 500mg of l-lysine. this was when she was about 80. she lived to 90 and only took one pain pill and that was the day she died.

1 Like

when mom was in a lot of pain I started her on 500mg of l-lysine. this was when she was about 80. she lived to 90 and only took one pain pill and that was the day she died.

What had been causing her pain when you started her on l-lysine? What else had she tried/failed? What had prompted you to try l-lysine? Did it reduce her pain or actually eliminate it?

=sheila

What had been causing her pain when you started her on l-lysine? What else had she tried/failed? What had prompted you to try l-lysine? Did it reduce her pain or actually eliminate it?

=sheila

I think it was a skin condition that we were trying to clear up and she also suffered from afib had a pacemaker. she noticed that a side effect was no pain from her other ailments like copd, old age stuff.