Virus scanner for iPhone

Problem with my iPhone13- thinking may have virus. Any recommendations for economical (or better free)scanner would be appreciated. Tia

Use Avast, it’s free but of course will try to get you to sign up for premium. You won’t need premium.

Andy

1 Like

Most fixers are trying to sell their app, odds are really against ever having a virus…

1 Like

Tuni the chances of a virus on your iPhone are between very low or zero. The chances of your phone being screwed up by some anti-virus tool are greater than very low to zero.

If you really believe, there is dead sure way to know you do not have a virus. You restore your iPhone to the Factory state and then Restore from a backup. This is just the same process you do with any new iPhone or iPad.

I did it this week with 2 different iPads.

2 Likes

What makes you think your iPhone has virus? As others have said, that’s very unlikely. What problem does your phone exhibit?

1 Like

Slowed down a lot, doesn’t show all my news feeds articles and pics ; (searches and searches), tells me I can’t get on App store, takes long time to find articles, yahoo app delays letting me in, uses large amount of battery while searching etc…just last 3 days- wi fi working ok, (have eero net mesh,seems ok- all lights on). Dh’s iPhone 11 not having similar issues…… re-booted several trines, no joy……

| g0177325
February 4 |

• | - |

What makes you think your iPhone has virus? As others have said, that’s very unlikely. What problem does your phone exhibit?

There is a “soft reset” and a “force restart”. Have you tried both? There’s also a “factory reset” but that’s a last resort. See How to reset your iPhone, restart, or fully wipe your data | Digital Trends

1 Like

This strongly suggests the problem is not with your iPhone. It would be odd that both your iPhone and Bernie’s would get hit with the same virus at the same time.

Here is my suggested set of steps-

#1. Reboot your Router/Gateway – the box between your eero and the cable coming from the wall. (this may take a few minutes to restart and hand shake with eero)

#2. Reboot your eero - if you can’t find the “restart” or “reboot” option in the eero app, pull the plug on your main eero – the one that connects to your gateway with an ethernet cable. Wait 30 seconds & reconnect to power. Let eero power up – it will be ready when the light is white & not blinking.

Now check the download speed – can run speed from the Internet button. Let us know the download speed you see.

GW, I think you might have missed Tuni’s not.

Use the “off” button. Works great.

1 Like

Eero app shows download speed 244mbps
Upload is 12mbps
Have rebooted eero.

| GWPotter
February 4 |

• | - |

Tuni:

. Dh’s iPhone 11 not having similar issues…… re-booted several trines, no joy……

This strongly suggests the problem is not with your iPhone. It would be odd that both your iPhone and Bernie’s would get hit with the same virus at the same time.

Here is my suggested set of steps-

#1. Reboot your Router/Gateway – the box between your eero and the cable coming from the wall. (this may take a few minutes to restart and hand shake with eero)

#2. Reboot your eero - if you can’t find the “restart” or “reboot” option in the eero app, pull the plug on your main eero – the one that connects to your gateway with an ethernet cable. Wait 30 seconds & reconnect to power. Let eero power up – it will be ready when the light is white & not blinking.

Now check the download speed – can run speed from the Internet button. Let us know the download speed you see.

Gordon et al-
that worked! YAY! We rebooted the eero…I checked phone news app again and also the App Store app on my iPhone. Went to room furthest away from router and computer - news downloading the way it used too - including the photos included with articles. Got onto app store too…whew…and YAY! Thanks so much to all of you for your ideas/thoughts and assistance.

1 Like

I did try the soft reset not the force. I read in the article that “force” should be used mostly if phone is appears “dead”. didn’t try that however will keep in mind for future. thx

OK sorry I misread your post. The download speed eliminates the internet connection as the issue.

How much free space do you have on your iPhone? Settings>General>iPhone Storage

These devices are not happy if they do not of free space. It is possible to lack enough space to even download and install updates - not a condition you want.

When you go to the Battery section, what are to 2 or 3 top Usage Apps and their activity? Are the top Apps the same for the last 24 hours and last 10 days?

OK - eero reboot seems to have solved the problem. YAY - now as far as battery usage looks like Facetime (22%), Google (16%), Facebook (14%), Mail(13%) show greatest % of use. I think I’m ok now. Never thought of rebooting the eero - thx much for the guidance. Funny, that DH’s iPhone 11 wasn’t as much impacted by the aforementioned issue…just my iPhone13Pro. Hmmmm

Phone storage shows 40.6GB of 128GB used. So am ok there…

There’s no risk to doing the “forced restart”. Just don’t do a factory reset. But I see from your other replies that the router was the issue…

1 Like

I guess the Router or the eero mesh…seems to be working now. Many thanks for all your help.

1 Like