We Might Lose AYX

This is purely speculative at this point, but more and more, I feel Alteryx would be a VERY attractive acquisition for Microsoft. Which would be a nice short term boost to our AYX shares, but would not be ideal long term…

AYX would potentially offer a refresh (and improvement) on Excel which could be very important for Microsoft as Anaplan (currently private) continues to grow with the goal of “killing excel”.

“Alteryx is proud to be an exhibitor sponsor of Microsoft Ignite 2018! Come visit us at booth 441 in the expo hall and see how data professionals amplify the value they receive from of a broad range of Microsoft products, including Azure, Excel, SQL Server, and Power BI.”

https://t.co/qeyNrxFFHS

11 Likes

CMFAleeb, shhhhhhhhhh

:slight_smile:

If it is going to happen, I really hope it doesn’t happen until next June (2019), so that it doesn’t screw up my 2018 tax planning for my taxable account…also, it might require closer to $150/share for a sufficient premium by that point.

-volfan84
who has an AYX purchase that is as recent as May 30, 2018…shortly after putting out that unofficial BBN list, which included AYX

1 Like

it might require closer to $150/share for a sufficient premium by that point

$10B valuation???

it might require closer to $150/share for a sufficient premium by that point
---------------------------
$10B valuation???

Probably more like $8.3B or so with a 20% buyout premium or $8B with a 25% premium.

-volfan84

I guess you are not taking into account all the options that are not yet vested but will get vested in a takeout…

I guess you are not taking into account all the options that are not yet vested but will get vested in a takeout…

Nope, the basis of my $150 was nothing more than some really quick off the cuff projection based on the almost crazy share rise over the past 3-4 months, with a lot of optimism included that such a rise could somewhat continue…then throwing on a take-out premium. No formal calculations done at all, just very rough mental projections. I hope no one took it overly seriously as I tried to preface that post in jest with the “shhhhhh”. Ideally, I would like for Alteryx to remain an independent company into the mid-2020’s.

volfan84
long AYX