WebEx Quadruples Down, Watch Out Zoom...?

“Cisco Senior Vice President Jeetu Patel says in an interview that the company is “doubling, tripling, quadrupling down” on Webex.”

https://www.barrons.com/articles/exxon-mobil-draws-activist-…

The article is worth a read.

It is still called “WebEx”, so they haven’t quadrupled down enough to rebrand… Does anyone know what a “WebEx” is? Ex-web? I’ll tell you what it is: A great name in 1995; when “web” in the name was all you needed.

This is a classic case of the old big tech trying to play catch-up. Throwing more features at it will make existing customers happier, I suppose. I had to use it last week and all I could think was “why not Zoom for this?”.

7 Likes

It is still called “WebEx”, so they haven’t quadrupled down enough to rebrand… Does anyone know what a “WebEx” is? Ex-web?

Those of us who use it every day are well aware of what it is. :wink:

5 Likes

Cisco has a HUGE task ahead if they think they’re going to turn Webex into any kind of competition for Zoom.

This week I started participating in one of the periodic classes on trading that TD Ameritrade offers from time to time. It was live, over Webex, and from my perspective was a complete and total disaster. The audio was so broken I couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying. I finally gave up.

I have been in many Zoom meetings of all sizes over the past several months and never had a hint of trouble.

5 Likes

Cisco has a HUGE task ahead if they think they’re going to turn Webex into any kind of competition for Zoom.

First, Cisco already has the business that Zoom wants.

Second, remember that VHS beat Beta.

2 Likes

Second, remember that VHS beat Beta.

Beta came first right. :slight_smile:

Andy

7 Likes