Weekend Track Competition: BBCCGZ - Part One

Note 1: I am an amateur investor and nothing you stumble across here should in any way be considered investing advice. Why? Well…because I am an amateur investor thats why.

I develop my investing portfolio based on data collated from a large number of subscription investing services, individual investors found across a large base of message boards, as well as additional free sites I follow. Typically I try to find ideas to add to a moderate data base of companies that might fit my style - such that it is. More to familiarize myself than to cull the herd, I use a self developed ranking system of what I feel are key data points. Currently that ranking system features 25 data points but at times has been comprised of more - and then at other times comprised of less. Sometimes it seems to work well - and at other times not so much. What it does do it give me a jumping off point to perform further research.

Been very, very remiss in maintaining my rankings for about the last 4-5 months so I am beginning to dig out of that glaring hole in portfolio roster composition and mgmt by going through all the companies I am interested in. Today I have put together a truncated version of only 10 data points which is the first stage of the ranking system. Here are the companies in today’s track meet:

1. BILL
    https://www.bill.com/
    Latest ER:

PRO BILL:

CON BILL:

1. BRZE
    https://www.braze.com/
    Latest ER:

PRO BRZE:

CON BRZE:

CRWD

Latest ER:

PRO CRWD:

CON CRWD:

CFLT

Latest ER:

PRO CFLT:

CON CFLT:

GTLB

Latest ER:

PRO GTLB:

CON GTLB:

ZS

Latest ER:

PRO ZS:

CON ZS:

Todays Competition Categories:

1. Market Cap

2. EV/FWD Rev

3. Last ER Revenue Growth

4. Guided Revenue Growth

5. Gross Margin

6. 52 Week Price Movement

7. YTD Price Movement

8. EPS Rating (IBD)

9. Relative Strength (IBD)

10. Accumulation Rating (IBD)

Note 2). I am a notorious garbler of numbers: for example I continuously confuse the date I rotated out of the service with my wife’s birthday which not only creates some awkward moments but also earns me negative brownie points for a weekend or so. If any of this is of interest to you please check the numbers yourself.

Note 3). This competition is scored like a Track Meet.

Note 4: The results are apropos of nothing at all. They are relative to simply starting your car before you actually go to work. So theres that.

DATA POINT ONE: Market Cap - under the idea that lower is potentially better for High Growth companies.

1. BRZE 2.9B

2. GTLB 5.4B

3. CFLT 6.3B

4. BILL 7.7B

5. ZS 16.2

6. CRWD 31.7B

DATA POINT TWO: EV/FWD REV

1. BILL 5.3

2. BRZE 5.6

3. CFLT 6.0

4. GTLB 7.0

5. ZS 7.9

6. CRWD 8.8

DATA POINT THREE: Most Recent Reported REV Growth

1. BILL 66.2%

2. GTLB 58

3. ZS 51.7

4. CRWD 47.8

5. BRZE 45.6

6. CFLT 40.6

Ranking After 3 Data Point Comparisons:

1. BILL 15 Points
  2. BRZE 13
  3. GTLB 13
  4. CFLT 9
  5. ZS 8
  6. CRWD 5

DATA POINT FOUR: Latest Revenue Guidance (+/- the point spread)

1. BILL 55,7%

2. ZS 44.0

3. CRWD 41.1

4. BRZE 40.5

5. GTLB 39.5

6. CFLT 36.3%

DATA POINT FIVE: GROSS MARGIN

1. GTLB 88.4%

2. BILL 85.8

3. ZS 77.5

4. CRWD 72.5

5. BRZE 68.7

6. CFLT 68.3%

Track Meet Half Time Scores:

1. BILL 26

2. GTLB 21

3. BRZE 18

4. ZS 17

5. CRWD 12

6. CFLT 11

Note - The reason I have to divide this exciting contest into two parts is that the All-Too-Lovely has decided that we must go look at dirt. Yep Dirt. She is in the process of building a new rental home on a lot we own and wants me to take a look at the progress before the foundation is poured on Monday. Sigh!

How About That Bill!

All the Best,

13 Likes