What I did Monday (2 days post-Brexit)

" I bought the IPO of TWLO "

Hi XMFBreakerTinker,

I seem to remember being in some lively discussions in which you were also involved…back when…can’t remember which stock board it was…TSLA ?

You might not remember me and I might be wrong anyway.

Frank :slight_smile:

Thanks for the GILD discussion.
I have not thought about that company for a while.
Am going to take a fresh look.

And Saul,
Thanks for your post about what you did…good moves :slight_smile:

And to all,
A good thread. :slight_smile:

Yes sir Frank. Awesome investment Tesla. Took my son out of school to test drive one. He loved it (the school and his mother, not so much- they just did not understand).

I’ve gone retro though. Traded on my iPhone 6s for an iPhone SE, and left the market for awhile. But have some renewed interest but now only as a more passive buy and hold a few investor. Focused more on kids, my own business, and cycling.

Shalom!

Tinker

https://www.infoq.com/articles/avoiding-lockin-switching-cos…

Great article on Cloud lock-in and switching costs. I do not know where TWLO API switching Costs lay, but they do exist. If correct, TWLO is undervalued and then some given their market penetration and positioning. If not, well we all invest w uncertainty.

Drafted on iPhone SE Sometimes 4" is good enough (in most circumstances) and one never needs to evolve to a 5" screen for a simple phone, as SteveJobs knew.

Tinker

1 Like

Guys on Gilead and this is very anecdotal, whilst I’m the first to caution all on the long term potential of HCV, they really are the movers and shakers of the industry right now along with Celgene. What all of us notice as vendors to the industry is how smart the folks are in Gilead - they really hire the smartest guys around for sure. They are also in investment and growth mode in thinking unlike most of big pharma these days.
A

4 Likes

Shalom! to you too Tinker…:slight_smile:

I might try and raise capital from selling Abiomed

Abiomed is very strong now, I would let that winner run. It was only down Thursday and was up last 3 days, and is near all time highs. That is a keeper.

1 Like