What's the best rank in the military?

I just found out that the British Chief of the Naval Staff is called the “First Sea Lord” – it’s like something out of a video game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Sea_Lord_and_Chief_of_th…

intercst

1 Like

Chief in the Coast Guard.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c9/65/82/c96582c43b8bf16d9d2abf723…

Same as an NCO.

Commodores leap tall building and are faster than speeding
bullets and talk to God.

Chiefs lift them up and walk under them, catch speeding bullets in their teeth, they are God.

Cheers
Qazulight

What’s the best rank in the military?

It is a tie between:

“Veteran” and “Retired.”

All the benefits with none of the KP duty.

3 Likes

It is a tie between:

“Veteran” and “Retired.”

All the benefits with none of the KP duty.

Throw in tax free Hearing Loss disability pension due to military service (guns and airplane engines) that gives you an excuse to not hear what is happening around you unless you want to and that’s the winner.

Tim

1 Like

Throw in tax free Hearing Loss disability pension due to military service (guns and airplane engine

Mine was guns and (I think) ruptured eardrums from two swim tests (treading water of all things).

While I am looking forward to my kids being able to go to state public college tuition free due to my disability, I often wonder if constant tinnitus is worth it.

1 Like

Mine was guns and (I think) ruptured eardrums from two swim tests (treading water of all things).

While I am looking forward to my kids being able to go to state public college tuition free due to my disability, I often wonder if constant tinnitus is worth it.

My tinnitus is almost certainly multiple rifle teams during my six years in the infantry as well as the barrel of the .50 over my head while driving APCs doing range rundowns.

Later as an AESOP*** the Argus Wright 3750 piston engines and the Sea King twin turboshaft engines (roughly 3000 hours each)completed the destruction. I have hearing aids paid for DVA but rarely wear them except on the phone and the tax free pension is a nice addition to the other three pensions the Canadian taxpayers feel I have earned along the way. The 27 year Military pension pays more than the other three combined.

*** - Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator

I have no idea how we vets accomplished it but we have somehow convinced the Canadian Taxpayers and Politicians that “We Deserve It”, seriously I thought it was all great fun!!! }}:wink:

Tim

Commander in Chief.

:slight_smile:

AW