Why SZYM down 11%

I have been reading this authors articles on SZYM for the last 18 months. Very in depth. So some dilution but a new product involved in oil and gas drilling announced too. I bought some more just now, a full position now so I doubt I will add more. Just seems like news is due on Moema which is far larger than the facility they operate with ADM and we got a good boost in SP from that.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2109053-solazyme-looks-to-st…

2 Likes

we got a good boost in SP from that

Thanks dmx, it was an excellent article on SZYM. But, going to the quote I put in italics here, what is SP?

Saul

But, going to the quote I put in italics here, what is SP?

Saul

My shorthand for share price, referring to the 30% boost we got when SZYM announced commercial production in Iowa at the end of January. Half of which we have given back for the second time, lol. Moema soon I hope.

Glad you enjoyed the article. That author has written quite a few articles on SZYM over the last few years, all very in depth.

Darrell

Saul,

Hola from Mexico.

Are you concerned about the dilution from SZYM’s announcement? I have no idea exactly what concerns dilution brings up (though I’d like to learn) but after reading that article I see this as an opportunt time to buy SZYM but would like to understand the dilution effect better.
Thanks,
Mykie

Additionally, SZYM has had a change at the top recently (Dec 2013). Is this a good thing or not? The new CEO seems to be a heavy hitter (but one really never knows until the rubber hits the road…kind of like CALL).

Just warming up on SZYM as it seems to have approached a low point.

Any info worth sharing?
Thanks,
Mykie

1 Like

Are you concerned about the dilution from SZYM’s announcement?

Hi Mykie, As I think I remember reading, the immediate dilution is about 8%, but they are now really, REALLY, building out the business and need more money. Sounds good to me and what I’d want them to do. At this point they can sell whatever they can produce. They are capacity restrained, not demand restrained. Go for it!

Saul

3 Likes

Hi Mykie, As I think I remember reading, the immediate dilution is about 8%, but they are now really, REALLY, building out the business and need more money. Sounds good to me and what I’d want them to do. At this point they can sell whatever they can produce. They are capacity restrained, not demand restrained. Go for it!

Saul

Wonderful, I was able to pick up some shares this morning at the open (Had to get out of bed at 6:30AM…tough work for a retired guy) for $10.88. Nice price

Also picked up some SCTY at $59.85 and have been waiting a while for something under $60.

Also sold 2 more puts on CALL which won’t stop falling (but thesis in tact). But I moved the strike price down to $20 and expiration date out to September. Those puts allowed me to take $3.80/share off the cost of my shares bought early this week so that my cost basis is quite low now (around $19.50 instead of the $23 and pennies I bought them for. (Ahhhh the beauty of options. You really should try them on a small, conservative basis and I would be quite willing to assist you).