Wired on $AMZN's Newest Kindle - The Latest Kindle Finally Lets You Take Notes—for a Price

Do we know anyone on Fool using one of these? I’d like to get a first-hand review from someone and then ask questions:

AMAZON’S MANY DIFFERENT Kindles are pretty identical in how they perform, with minor differences separating the base Kindle from the Paperwhite and the Oasis. That’s mostly by design, and I don’t mind. I don’t need my ebook reader to do 20 different things—I just want to read with zero distractions. But the new Kindle Scribe changes things up and is the first Kindle in a long time to add a new twist: the ability to write or draw on the slate.

With the included stylus, you can take down digital notes like a ReMarkable 2, mark up PDFs, or doodle on your downtime. This upgrade comes at a hefty cost: The Scribe goes for $340. That’s $240 more than the base Kindle and $200 more than the Paperwhite. If you’ve been itching to write more physical notes but don’t want to resort to paper and pen, it might be worth it.