yay!

8am poo! And no longer constipated. Let’s hope he’s off the 4-5am poo thing.

Still having trouble getting him to eat mroe than a few gummy supplements. Picky picky. He won’t take the D3+K2. So I don;t even give him the calcium. I’m temporarily out of K2 gelcaps myself and am chewing his D3+K2 gummies–they taste pretty good. But…they’re red.

Last night he fell asleep before dinner, which I served at 5:45. I left his plate by his recliner and did housework–clattering dishes, even vacuuming, hoping he’d wake up. I tried shaking him a couple of times–nada. After I got ready for bed, I found him eating his cold dinner (lamb vindaloo and chana masala). He came happily to bed and fell right asleep. Didn’t waken to pee till midnight. Up twice more in the night, but I got back to sleep pretty quickly for me, so I feel decently rested. Been up for the day since 5, but I went to sleep about 8:30. Plan to discuss possibility of something to keep the hubster asleep for at least 5 hrs in a row at night. Maybe something I can give him the first time he gets up to pee? If he were in a facility they’d drug him to sleep a full night and let him fill or even overflow his Depends.

1 Like

“…something to keep the hubster asleep for at least 5 hrs in a row at night” sounds good to me. Might require some trial & error to find the right drug & dosage so he’s not drowsy the next day (fall risk, on top of the seizure risk complication).

I’m not seeing the problem with “fill or even overflow his Depends.” When my dad was at home, he went commando at night, and his daily routine was to sleep late, then shower while the aide changed his sheets, replacing the towel and pee pads between sheet & mattress pad.

In AL, he’s in Depends, they check him through the night, and change him if he’s wet, to “prevent skin breakdown.” He never had skin breakdown at home, so I feel they should let him sleep. But, he did get a bed sore while in the hospital (healed during his stint in rehab), so I understand their policy.

Plan to discuss possibility of something to keep the hubster asleep for at least 5 hrs in a row at night. Maybe something I can give him the first time he gets up to pee?

If they do give you something, I’m wondering if his balkiness in taking meds will interfere.

I’m temporarily out of K2 gelcaps myself and am chewing his D3+K2 gummies–they taste pretty good. But…they’re red.

What’s the significance of being red? I assume it’s vegetable-based coloring.

An aside…Just occurred to me. If he gets up during the night and appears to need to poo, but sits there and nothing happens, that’s a sham-poo. :wink:

=sheila

2 Likes

I’m not seeing the problem with “fill or even overflow his Depends.” When my dad was at home, he went commando at night, and his daily routine was to sleep late, then shower while the aide changed his sheets, replacing the towel and pee pads between sheet & mattress pad.

Well, I don’t want to be dealing with changing bedding in the middle of the night. Or even every morning.

And remember, I’m sleeping in that bed, too!

He showered every day? I’m so jealous! At least he’s doing better with me washing his face, hands, armpits and bottom every morning after tooth-brushing. Sometimes he takes the washcloth and washes his own face. He was more patient for a shave today.

Had a nice walk this morning in the nabe. But he;s doing something mysterious in the guest bath… ah, just running sink water and peering into the stuff under the vanity. I’ve brought him to that bathroom 3x in the past half hour when he fiddled with his fly, but no pee.

A rare day…he took just a couple bites of lunch and then began playing with it. Nope–whisked away. No leftovers for you. He can wait for an early snack at 2.

speaking of jealous…SLEEP LATE?! I can’t remember what that’s like…

DH not a candidate for bed sores at this point–he gets up for the day early and doesn’t go back to bed all day. I think 2 or 3 times over the past year he has laid himself down on the bed for an afternoon nap–if he naps, it’s almost always in his recliner. He also walks around the house a lot so not in the same position all the time. And he has only gotten his Depends slightly wet 3x since he’s been wearing them full time (?2 months?).

What’s the significance of being red?

He’s rejecting red-colored gummies.

If he gets up during the night and appears to need to poo, but sits there and nothing happens, that’s a sham-poo. :wink:

Indeed. And it happens a lot. This morning he had a sham-poo before the real one :wink: I think he has trouble interpreting the sensations well enough to know when he really needs to sit on the toilet.

I’ve brought him to that bathroom 3x in the past half hour when he fiddled with his fly, but no pee.

I wonder if many of the times he fiddles with his fly, but doesn’t pee when you take him to the bathroom, really has nothing to do with an urge to pee. Simply his penchant now to fiddle with things that move—and zippers do just that. Of course, there’s no way to tell the difference in advance, so you still have to get him to the bathroom.

=sheila

An aside…Just occurred to me. If he gets up during the night and appears to need to poo, but sits there and nothing happens, that’s a sham-poo. :wink:

=sheila

God’ll getcha for that!

CNC
… Avoid shampoo - demand real poo.