Yipppeee!!

Jolly St. Nicholas has come down Monkey’s jungle chimney early this year! Look at all these shiny new toys!

NTNX now 49% cheaper from its highs! (The best bargain currently around?)
NEWR now 28% off!
ZS now 28% off!
PAYC now 21% off!
AYX now 20% off!
TWLO now 20% off!

Yippeee!

Now if Monkey could only find those bananas he had stashed under the couch cushions…

Best of luck to all, but one day we’ll look back and say "NTNX (et. al.) was selling for HOW MUCH?!

Love and kisses,

Monkey (long all stocks mentioned)

31 Likes

NTNX now 49% cheaper from its highs! (The best bargain currently around?)
NEWR now 28% off!
ZS now 28% off!
PAYC now 21% off!
AYX now 20% off!
TWLO now 20% off!

Yippeee!
Now if Monkey could only find those bananas he had stashed under the couch cushions…

This is how people’s portfolios get taken out and shot in 2000-2002, 2007-08, et al.

Adding all the way down is the one way you can run out of money and be forced to sell out at/near the bottom when you suddenly need the cash. I’ve seen it happen over and over again, in some cases to the tune of $hundreds of millions lost in names that plummeted and never came back.

Don’t use your rainy day money to buy high-valuation stocks when they finally have a hiccup.

Long TWLO, SQ, PSTG, WK.

Naj

20 Likes

This is how people’s portfolios get taken out and shot in 2000-2002, 2007-08, et al.

Except this time we are not riding the price down from a P/S of 300 like back in 2000 and we are not experiencing a financial market implosion like the subprime mortgages going bust in 2008.

This is just a run-of-the-mill market over-reaction to interest rates.

I concur with the sentiment of not using your “rainy day” fund, but do use your “when discounts come” fund. Don’t need to rush it too much - a couple more of down days may follow before it gets back to normal.

20 Likes

Don’t you use your rainy money, that’s for sure.
The one who makes money would be one step ahead and would have already put aside the cash before the downside actions occur. Of course it has to be taken in context. Is it a ‘pull-back’ lasting a few days or weeks, or is it going lower over the next months or quarters or years, no one knows. One needs to try to put what is going on now in context and act accordingly if one is so inclined to act.
Having the cash is comforting during drops but your cash could wait a while more for the big drop. Meanwhile, the market continues its longer term ascent, and you already have lost upsides when you decide you have waited too long already, and decide to go back in.

1 Like

Adding all the way down is the one way you can run out of money and be forced to sell out at/near the bottom when you suddenly need the cash. I’ve seen it happen over and over again, in some cases to the tune of $hundreds of millions lost in names that plummeted and never came back.

Don’t use your rainy day money to buy high-valuation stocks when they finally have a hiccup.

Long TWLO, SQ, PSTG, WK.

Naj

As I was saying: Patience is a virtue.

Or, as we say in the markets – Don’t catch a falling knife.

No change in positions listed.

3 Likes