Zoom doesn’t want to be in consumer market

Just curious if you, or anyone else actually pays for a personal Zoom account? You want to virtually talk to all your buddies or family so you get on a Zoom call? Is anyone doing this?

Hi 12x,

Sorry I missed your question earlier. No, I don’t pay for it and maybe never will, but to answer your question, yes, millions are inventing Zoom habits during Social Distancing, things like weekly poker games, invented almost immediately after SD. Some of these new activities with Zoom have reportedly gone viral and are becoming a “big deal.” The main reasons someone would pay, IMO, are: 1) the quality of audio and video is the highest I’ve ever seen, much better than all the other brands of videos now seen on tv due to SD, and 2) the app is so easy that anyone could do it; there is no learning curve at all. If Grandma can turn on a computer and click an icon, Grandma can Zoom.

I also don’t necessarily intend this to be a “hold forever” investment, certainly not in a position size in double digit percentage. It is partly an issue of timing, always a focus of my investing. So much for “forever.”

Dan

cc email because I’m it’s so late you would likely never catch the response.

1 Like

things like weekly poker games, invented almost immediately after SD. Some of these new activities with Zoom have reportedly gone viral and are becoming a "big deal.

Especially those poker games.