A day of honor for the Queen's funeral?

Will Disney give its UK employees the day off on Monday in honor of Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral? They really should close this area of Epcot for the day in remembrance of her Majesty.

Walt

1 Like

Walt,

Will Disney give its UK employees the day off on Monday in honor of Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral?

How many employees does the company actually have in the United Kingdom and in other nations of the British Commonwealth? I’m not aware of any parks, etc., in any Commonwealth nation.

They really should close this area of Epcot for the day in remembrance of her Majesty.

I don’t think that closing the British section of Epcot is the right answer, though it’s possible that some of the attractions within that section of Epcot should close. Rather, the park should have a suitable tribute there.

This is also true of any sections of Epcot representing all other nations of the British Commonwealth.

Norm.

Disney has production facilities and probably merchandise stores in the UK. I don’t know if they will get time off for the funeral but if that’s the custom, Disney will likely honor it.

Fuskie
Who agrees that the UK pavilion in Epcot is not actually UK territory and blocking it off would probably be confusing, but they might consider some way of honoring Her Majesty…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), JFrog (FROG), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), Blackbaud (BLKB), StitchFix (SFIX)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

1 Like

According to my wife’s English cousins there will be a “bank holiday” on Monday when all businesses will be closed in respect for the late Queen.

The last time we visited the UK we went to a Disney Store in Oxford and in Edinburgh both of which were located near their universities. I would expect these will all be shuttered for the occasion.

I believe it would be easy enough to rope off the Great Britain section of Epcot with roping, black bunting and perhaps displaying a black framed portrait of the Queen. As far as I know there are no other areas in the park which would be effected.

Walt