A little news story

I got this little “news” story from Seeking Alpha in my email. It explains what is going on today, but we knew this was coming for Docusign for months, which is why most of us exited.
Saul

DocuSign plunge leads Asana, Twilio, other SaaS stocks lower

As DocuSign plunged 20% on Friday, the result of slowing growth in the days ahead, several other software-as-a-service stocks followed suit, including industry stalwarts such as Twilio.

Stocks like Asana, Coupa, Twilio, Anaplan and several others declined more than 5%, after DocuSign said revenue guidance for fiscal 2023 would be $2.48 billion, implying growth of just 18%, down from 45% in its just completed fiscal year.

Amplitude and Elastic also dropped more than 5%, while other stocks in the sector, including Fiverr, Wix and fellow COVID-19 favorite Zoom Communications fell 2% or more.

…In January, investment firm Baird picked DocuSign among its top cloud software stocks for 2022.

20 Likes

Saul,

It’s weakness across the board. I don’t think DocuSign brought the whole market down. For example Nasdaq is off 1.7%, Gene Editing Stocks and other biotech down anywhere from 4-7%.

10 Likes

Well, this post seems weird. Everything is significantly going down. You might have exited DOCU but a few of the board favorites have been crushed too…

Monday $450 to $122
SNOW $405 to $180
S $78 to $32
DDOG $199 to $127

Cobra

25 Likes

It explains what is going on today

I take that back. It was silly for me to say that. Docusign doesn’t move the entire market.

Saul

20 Likes