Abiomed killed it - amazing leverage

37% growth in revenues with outside US sales going up 67%. Profits up over 100%.
Ant

DANVERS, Mass. (AP) _ Abiomed Inc. (ABMD) on Thursday reported fiscal second-quarter net income of $50.1 million.

On a per-share basis, the Danvers, Massachusetts-based company said it had profit of $1.09. Earnings, adjusted for pretax gains, were 81 cents per share.

The results exceeded Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of seven analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 73 cents per share.

The maker of heart devices posted revenue of $181.8 million in the period, also surpassing Street forecasts. Six analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $175.3 million.

15 Likes

Another +1. I really love this company, not just because they’re literally saving lives and improving the quality of the lives they save… but they’re doing it smartly, not taking on any debt (yet – this could always change), have great leadership. Just a real gem of a company to be invested in, if you ask me.

It’s still a bit of a hidden gem, though. I wish it had a little more “cool factor” behind the stock, like a Zscaler or Square, but that’s not the sector they’re in.

1 Like