Abiomed Office Tour and Q&A

Hey Saul Fans,

I’ve been invited to tour Abiomed’s HQ in Danvers, MA next week and will have an opportunity to ask the management/IR team questions.

I realize that this isn’t an active “saul stock” any longer, but if anyone out there has a question that they’d like me to ask the management team please fire away below.

Thanks!

Brian

9 Likes

Thank you, Brian, for your kind offer to get a close up view of ABMD to share with this board. I have had a medium size position for the past few years.

I am surprised to see that the stock appreciation of ABMD over the past 1-3 years exceeds all of my current stock positions. SHOP is the nearest competitor.

Any information you can bring to this board from Abiomed’s HQ would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

2 Likes

I realize that this isn’t an active “saul stock” any longer, but if anyone out there has a question

I don’t have any questions for you, but I’m sure glad I never got around to selling.

3 Likes

Brian,

You go on one podcast and now you’re famous?!? Getting all these VIP red carpet tours. Just kidding! That’s exciting, let us know how it goes!

• Austin

Shopify (SHOP) Ticker Guide

For information on all of my current holdings view my profile here: http://my.fool.com/profile/CMFAleeb/info.aspx

1 Like

I don’t follow that closely, but if it makes sense I would ask about international expansion, and expected margins compared to the US. Also, does medicare cover this, I imagine there are a lot of heart attacks there, he said morbidly.

Is there a new version in test (or design) and do they see any expansion with related products.

Any partnerships in the works.

Is there an important market they have not been able to penetrate yet and what are they doing to overcome that.

Thanks

Pete

1 Like

Yeh my questions would be:

1. potential and timeline for total heart solution
  2. why they are only in Germany and Japan abroad
    Cheers
    Ant
2 Likes

Thank you, a generous offer. I think my question would be the well-known but essential one for senior management:

“Which competitor do you fear the most and why?”.

2 Likes

“I am surprised to see that the stock appreciation of ABMD over the past 1-3 years exceeds all of my current stock positions.”

no kidding. almost 20X in the last 4 years or so.

There isn’t any stock talked about in here that come close to this kind of return- more than 100% return per annum over several years, and it continues to go up.

oh wait a sec…most of the stock discussed in here are never held that ‘long’ so one could never really say.

tj

3 Likes

Late getting to this thread, but ABMD is now my largest individual holding (I bought 3 batches back in 2015 and just let them run - super win) and I am VERY interested in the answers to the questions above. Looks like it’s been a few weeks now… what’d you learn from the visit?