After the buybacks slow or stop

I don’t believe this to be correct

You can believe whatever you want, facts don’t change based on your belief.

You can believe whatever you want, facts don’t change based on your belief.

Because your source, the article you linked to says so it is a fact? Did you check the source of the author? Did you look at the raw data?

Everyone can have his own beliefs.

Yes. I have a research service, unfortunately I cannot share that here, so I provided a public source.

1 Like

Somehow they never seem to give him credit for that. Just like using leverage from float.

That’s how you took this?

It’s extremely important to understand this finding doesn’t detract in any way from Buffett’s performance. After all, it took decades for modern financial theory to catch up with Buffett and discover his “secret sauce.”

As my friend and fellow author Bill Bernstein points out, being the first, or among the first, to discover a strategy that beats the market is what buys you the yachts, not simply copying the strategy after it’s already well-known and the low-hanging fruit has been picked.

4 Likes

Here is the source of my 1% raise comments.

https://www.thechartreport.com/cotd-03-18-22/

Thanks for the link. Personally, I wouldn’t put much weight in the predictive power of an event of which we only have 4 documented prior occurrences. I’d also note that the total gain of the 4 positive days last week was the least of any of the 5 occurrences, and two of the prior occurrences were immediately after the bottom of a bear market.

“I’ll be damned if I understand why they always seem to try to bring him down.”

Envy. Makes many on Wall Street who run money for active fees seem useless…"

Envy, Buffett has said is often a motivating factor in business decisions, “the only deadly sin that has no, at least temporary, pay off.”

My post somehow left off : “Buffett has said that envy is the only deadly sin that has no, at least temporary pay off.”

Personally, I wouldn’t put much weight in the predictive power of an event of which we only have 4 documented prior occurrences…immediately after the bottom of a bear market.

Fair enough. I have a simple theory it works until it doesn’t. How many folks have entered into derivatives trade with 1 or 2 sigma’s? Recently Russian crisis showed a 16 sigma event. That’s not theoretically not supposed to happen. No one indicator alone has the predictive power.

Don’t assume there is going to be a recession or market is going to go down. I assume probabilities for going down and going up. :slight_smile:

“I’ll be damned if I understand why they always seem to try to bring him down.”

Envy. Makes many on Wall Street who run money for active fees seem useless…"

A lot of these studies of Mr Buffett’s secret originate as academic papers.
It doesn’t matter whether the result is actually true in the real world–publish or perish.
No antipathy required.

The more civilized version of Facebook memes and conspiracies?

Jim

2 Likes