Alteryx delivers the perfect quarter

Alteryx (AYX) reported today after markets closed. Their conference call just finished. It was extremely positive, and it just sounds like they are growing as fast as they can. This is some incredible stuff:

Revenue: 38.6M (ticked up to 55% growth…wow), a $2.69M beat
Adj. EPS: 0.02, a 0.05 beat
Gross Profit: 32.3M, up 56% YoY
Operating Expenses: 34.2M, up 31% YoY
Operating Loss: 1.9M, down from 5.6M (down 66%!) YoY
Nice to see Gross Profit growing so much faster than expenses.
Cashs Flow From Operations: 12.5M! (18.9M total in 2017)
Dollar Based Net Revenue Retention Rate: 131%

Cutomers: 3,392 (up 46% YoY)
New Customers this Quarter: 338 (up 11% sequentially!)
Def Revenue: 113.7M
New Def Rev this Quarter: 31.8M! Nice.

March 2018 quarter outlook
Revenue: 39M - 40M
Adj. EPS: $(0.06) to $(0.07)

Full year 2018 outlook
Revenue: 176M - 190M
Adj. EPS: $(0.24) to $(0.29) - ha! (I don’t think there’s any way they don’t beat that…they’ll probably raise guidance every quarter)

They were cash flow positive this year and said they will be again in 2018, but are expecting to invest more. Translation: Look for more fantastic growth to come!

Conclusion

Wow. This was an incredible quarter. Everything was accelerating, better than expected, and planning for an even bigger 2018. I couldn’t be more impressed.

Bear

68 Likes

I bought some $35 March calls at 3:59 today to take a swing. We’ll see how that goes.

Hold a >2% position shares-wise in AYX.

nice writeup today and previous days. I took a small investment earlier in the week based in part on all the excellent posts on this board for AYX.

-Dreamer

1 Like

I’m amazed the stock is up only 1% today, including after hours trading so far.

1 Like

nice summary Bear
glad i took a starter position here several weeks ago based on the board discussions here.
will be looking to add after digesting the cc transcript

cheers
Nick

2 Likes

I bought some $35 March calls at 3:59 today to take a swing. We’ll see how that goes.

Hold a >2% position shares-wise in AYX.

Went ahead and doubled my shares position this morning. Started to think about letting a portion of the $35 calls exercise, but decided that was silly to think about while I could still get shares for about $33, so I got 2nd “3rd” at $32.96.

Now to decide how long to ride those calls. The current bid/ask looks like more than a double.

I’m amazed the stock is up only 1% today, including after hours trading so far.

Over 12% now this morning…too lightly traded to have had a big after-hours pop, looks like.

Alteryx (AYX) reported today after markets closed. Their conference call just finished. It was extremely positive, and it just sounds like they are growing as fast as they can. This is some incredible stuff:

Great write-up Bear, You really captured it!
Saul

6 Likes

Great write-up Bear, You really captured it!
Saul

AYX was at a 13.2% Saul allocation on January 26th, so it is probably in the 15+% range now.

http://discussion.fool.com/my-portfolio-at-the-end-of-jan-2018-3…

I’d like to thank you all for the work/writing you do on this board. I recently discovered it…surprising since I’ve been a member since 2006.

In any event, based on the Fool’s rec, my own research and this board, I took a 3/4 position this week. Today is a very pleasant surprise.

-best
GG

2 Likes

Hell ya! I’m in at 33 and change
Thanks again Saul

1 Like

Sceptical old growth investors like me are more easily seduced by young companies when the eyelashes of cash flow flutter; thank you both Saul and Paul for your inputs on the company.

2 Likes

I’m another one who bought into this a few weeks ago based on the write ups on this board. Thank you all for all of the valuable information you share so generously.

1 Like