amazing

Worth the approximate 15 minutes view time. This is where we are headed and in the not so distant future.

http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mistry_the_thrilling_potenti…

Mykie

Worth the approximate 15 minutes view time. This is where we are headed and in the not so distant future.

Mykie, a great video, but the sad thing is that it was filmed in 2009. Nothing seems to have happened with it since. Except, perhaps, the truly banal (Wii games). I wonder why? Is it because it’s open source and no one can make money developing it?

Thanks for posting it.

Saul

1 Like

Mykie, a great video, but the sad thing is that it was filmed in 2009. Nothing seems to have happened with it since. Except, perhaps, the truly banal (Wii games). I wonder why? Is it because it’s open source and no one can make money developing it?

This sort of thing looks great in the lab, but I wonder how much they had to tweak things to get them come out perfectly in the video. Does the camera have to be positioned just so? What sort of contrast is necessary to get it to work…does it function in sunlight, etc? What sort of battery power does the projector need?

I assume that this sort of technology is not really ready for prime time. When it is, it may come out in pieces.

Jeb

1 Like

Mykie, a great video, but the sad thing is that it was filmed in 2009. Nothing seems to have happened with it since.

This fellow works for Samsung and who knows what AMZN and GOOG phones are going to look like.

Interesting as hell and I guess getting from his garage to our marketplace takes longer than it would appear.
Mykie

1 Like

I have been following this concept for a while now. The problem that has been holding this technology back is the availability of green lasers. That issue is being resolved as we speak, and commercial production of laser projectors will happen soon. The company with the best patents and technology is Microvision. They have the lowest energy consumption, non-focus projection, and just yesterday announced an inked deal with another fortune 500 company to begin production of mobile phone projectors using their pico-p technology.

Warning, and I mean WARNING, these announcements have happened frequently over the years, but they have never produced a profit and have diluted shareholders repeatedly.

MVIS

3 Likes